Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nearly Finished....

I started this quilt last year and wanted to give it to my youngest son for his birthday.
Hmmm well that didn't happen. As of today, though, I'm thrilled to say that it is now quilted and the binding is on. All I have to do now is hand sew the binding to the back. His birthday is Friday - nothing like a bit of pressure to get it done!!!! I really do work well under pressure!
The fabrics are rich with gorgeous gold threads running through them. Lovely bright reds, blues and greens with strong black borders. The fabrics, colours and patterns remind me of Morocco!
He's already seen the fabrics and loved them so I can't wait to give it to him when it's finished.
Hope you've had a great day!
Teresa xx



17 comments:

Susan said...

It's gorgeous Teresa. Very striking with the black sashing. I hope he has a great birthday.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Wonderful Teresa. I am sure you will finish it. After all you have a good deadline.

helbel19 said...

Well done Teresa, I'm sure Jack will love it...... 1 down and ?????? to go.

Helen

shez said...

wow this is so nice he will love it,well done Teresa.xx

marina said...

the fabrics are very rich!
gorgeous quilt!

Sharyn T said...

How lovely Teresa. I'm sure he'll treasure it. Sharyn:)

Susan said...

Gorgeous fabrics - I think most of us can perform really well under pressure!!!

Sandi said...

Congrats....and not only are you going to have it ready for the weekend but you get to cross one off your list.....yay...

Mistea said...

Nice quilt. Finishing can be difficult when there are so many bright, shiny and new distractions.
Hope he loves the finished quilt, it really is special.

Noela said...

Beautiful quilt Teresa. It's amazing what we can get done under pressure. Happy Birthday to Jack for Friday. Hugs....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well I am very impressed my girl. Have you slept??? Lol. It looks wonderful. Big happy birthday to your boy on Friday.

Marilyn said...

Happy birthday to Jack for Friday. The fabrics in the quilt are so gorgeous - looks rather like stained glass, and my first thought was Moroccan also.

Fiona said...

A lovely quilt.. so striking with the black borders.... Jack will love it...
Hugz

Lynda said...

Beautiful fabrics Teresa - I'd love to see a photo of the whole quilt. Jack will love it.

Karen said...

Great colours and good luck with the deadline!

KAYLEE said...

It looks wonderful Teresa, I am sure he will love it. Lemon Meringue is my favourite too, except for my own home made one I love the Shingle Inn Lemon Meringue Pie. I had the one from the Cheese cake shop for my Birthday at work two years ago - not a fan, I don't like the coconut they put in their bases.

Val Spiers said...

What a handsome quilt. I love the rich colours.