Sunday, April 28, 2013

Trying Something New.....

 My eldest son came over for the weekend and he always loves to cook and try something new. He decided to try this wonderful Jamie Oliver recipe....Steak, Guinness and Cheese Pie. Sounded delicious and knowing James was going to do the cooking... I thought I could sit back and watch the magic!
Well.... things didn't quite work out the way I thought they would.... 
James ended up working on his car with his dad all weekend ... so the cooking was left up to me.
I have to say I am very chuffed with myself and the pies were delicious. No simple Jamie Oliver 15 or even 30 minute recipe here... more like a few hours! But definitely worth it and lots of fun in the process. What I also loved was that I got to use my Nanna's gorgeous old enamel pie tins...... perfect!
The recipe is off the internet (adapted from his book "Jamie at Home") and you'll find it HERE if you want to try it yourself!
Have a great week!

10 comments:

Susan said...

It certainly looks delicious.

shez said...

yummy Teresa and thankyou for the link.xx

Susan said...

Sounds yummy - and its getting to be nicer weather for a pie.
Mum to the rescue again...

sunny said...

I hope you saved me a piece! I'm on my way now. Looks deeeelish.

Michelle Ridgway said...

That's boys for ya!!! Lol. Thank goodness for Mum. Those pies look mouthwatering. Well done :-)

Jeanette said...

You did well Teresa. The pie looks so yummy. Might have to try it out myself. :) Hugs,xx.

Fiona said...

sounds delicious.... may have to try that one... Hubz loves pie and the Irish in my loves guinness!
Hugz

Mistea said...

That pie looks delicious.
How special to use grans pie plate.

Lynda said...

Delicious! And fantastic cooler weather food.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They do look soooooo good....