Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Trip To toowoomba

Last week I had the most wonderful day with these two gorgeous friends... Fiona and Michelle.
Michelle drove us up the mountain (Toowoomba) to meet up with Fiona and spend a glorious day doing what we love... catching up with friends, visting beautiful shops, having delicious lunches and coffees... You couldn't have asked for a better day.
 I have never been to Highfields before, so I was in for a wonderful treat. The Quilters Angel was a definite highlight for me... what a great shop... I could have spent hours in there. I was very good though and only bought a few fabrics for next months SAL project!
 It was full of all the things I love..  ha ha
 There was also this gorgeous home decor shop where I parted with a bit more money....Truly couldn't help myself. Would have loved that chair, but couldn't bring myself to look at the price tag!!
Who needs to buy anything, though, when you receive presents like this!!! 
Honestly, it was like my birthday again. Fiona made this gorgeous fabric heart and gave me this WONDERFUL mug (I'll show you the back in a minute), plus solid lotion and chocolate!!! Michelle spoilt me too with beautiful fabrics, Paris notes and the most beautiful little crocheted thimble holder (and more chocolate ha ha!!!) Talk about spoilt rotten. Thanks so much you two!!!
Okay... so this is the back of the mug.. Isn't it just the greatest? I love it!
We also visited the German Cuckoo clock shop and a wonderful Danish Floral and Bead shop where we had a really delicious lunch. I had spinach and feta muffin with homemade capsicum chutney and sour cream. It was really good.
 
 What a wonderful day.
Thank you so much Fiona and Michelle for all the laughter and beautiful friendship. Can't wait to do this all again!!!


15 comments:

Marlynne said...

I did look like a very fun day! memories in the making!

Susan said...

What a day! lovely presents - I love that home decor shop...far to tempting....

marina said...

your treasures are gorgeous!!
Couldn't imagine a better way to spend the day-what great company!

Melody said...

Lucky you, what a fabulous day

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Lovely friends, gifts and food equals a wonderful day out.

Happy days.
Bev.

Susan said...

It does look like you had a wonderful day together.

Cath said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. i love highfields and the Patchwork Angel is one of my top 5 shops in the South East. We normally have lunch there at the Chocolate shop which is always yummy.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Have to save our pennies for a return visit...thanks for a wonderful day. :-)

Val Spiers said...

What a fabulous day. I love the look of the shops.

Karen said...

The shop looks wonderful!!
So pleased you had a great day!

Fiona said...

It was such a fun day... thanks for coming up to my end of Qld....
Hugz

Fiona said...

PS... how were the woodpeckers enjoyed???
Hugz

Noela said...

What a wonderful day you all had. Hugs.....

Sandi said...

I love the Quilters Angel too and I know the other shop too (unfortunately my purse doesnt like those shops)..lol Looks like you had a great day - very envious...cya Tuesday

Tatkis said...

Wonderful time with your friends!