Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Adelaide Part 3

Sunday on our Let's Get Stitched Retreat in Adelaide was our Stitching Day. We were all very excited and this is what we were greeted with.... Goody bags on the tables and they were filled to the brim with patterns and starter packs, lollies, jams, fabrics, a cute pair of scissors and even a bottle of wine for each of us. It was like Christmas!!
 The projects were from our 4 nutters (Dawn, Fee, Vicki and Joy) and 2 surprise designers, Wendy and Judy (my cabin Mum).  An amazing array of gorgeous projects. (Can you also see the 4 large jars at the back of the projects? They were full of licorice allsorts, marshmallows, raspberries and mints!! - for sustenance of course).
 Joy showed us all a new way of doing needle turn applique and as you can see we were all VERY interested.
Working away at our projects... I see Larissa, Christine, Dawn, Fee, De, Michele and Marilyn (and Lucky and the two Vickis in the background)
Proof I did actually do some work on the day! This is my start on Fee's beautiful Project Folder. I didn't just laugh, chat, eat, laugh, take photos, see what everyone else was doing, laugh, check out the projects, laugh, learn Joy's needleturn...yeah and laugh!
 I have so many photos of all the wonderful people who came together in Adelaide. This one is of Vicki, Wendy, Fee and my room buddy Narelle....
The gorgeous, hardworking, tireless, generous "Nutters" who put this all together... Joy, Fee, Dawn and Vicki. I can't thank you enough for this weekend.
 This picture is from the night before when all of us went out for dinner at the Watermark near Glenelg. Great night!
And these are my cabin buddies. What a wonderful group of ladies. Before this weekend I hadn't met any of them before, but after 5 minutes I felt that I'd known them forever. We were certainly a mixture from all over Australia....Vicki from New South Wales, Larissa from the Northern Territory, Judy from South Australia, me from Queensland and Narelle from far North Queensland. I was so lucky to get this cabin and share the weekend with these wonderful girls... and also to have Judy (who we fondly called "Nanny") as our Cabin monitor. She certainly looked after us and kept us under control... well she tried to anyway!!!.They really made this a FUN weekend.
Thank you to everyone who made this weekend so special. All the "Nutters" and the Adelaide girls who looked after us, taxied us to and from airports, dinners, shopping, the wonderful stitching day, the projects, the goody bags, the pizza night and games fun, the hysterical laughing and giggles, the trip to Hahndorf and Patchwork and quilting shops we visited, the generous gifts and prizes and presents, all those wonderful birthday presents that kept my birthday rolling for another week, the late night chats, the early morning chats, the visit to Woolworths (the yo yo biscuits and fritz!), the cow ears, the bunny ears, the roundabouts (I'm still laughing about corrupting Judy!), catching up with old friends and making new friends, all the work and planning that went into making this the best retreat ever!!! 
Can't wait to do it all again next year!!
 

15 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

oohhhhhh.....looks like you all had a ball....great photos....xx

Susan said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time.

Sharyn T said...

I'm exhausted and envious. It all sounds fantastic. Sharyn:)

De said...

Best weekend ever! So glad I could share it with you. xoxo

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sounds like a fabulous time. Loved seeing all your pics.

Larissa said...

Thanks for being one of my cabin buddies too - wouldn't have been the same, had it been a different combination!!! ... Lovely collection of photos too :) xx

sunny said...

I've enjoyed quilt retreats before, but I don't think I've ever had THAT much fun. Sounds awesome!! And now you have something to look forward to for next year.

katrien said...

You have got a great time.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like you really "suffered" thru that weekend........enjoying the posts........

Sandi said...

Poor Cassie, having to put up with that all weekend....lol
very envious..
maybe you can show us all on Tuesday the needleturn technique that you learnt while there...glad to hear you had fun..

Fiona said...

Love the pics...
Hugz

Michele Kampen said...

was a top weekend.....am now prepared for next year as I know what goes on :)

shez said...

great pics Teresa and so good to see you all having so much fun.xx

Tatkis said...

You've been so busy and having fun - that is so great!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Jude said...

Teresa, while reading this all I could do was laugh and then rush for a poise, LOL. We really did have a great long weekend and met some lovely new friends.