Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Lots of hearts are around me lately. It must be Valentines Day!
I have finished Rosalie Quinlans "Hope, Love and Friendship" stitchery - and I love it. I bought some border fabric for it today and then I will be able to frame it.
The necklace came in the mail a couple of days ago and it says "L'amour vainc tout" which means "Love conquers all". So lovely and so French!
The heart quilt is the one currently on my bed and one I made quite a few years back. I made it in a workshop with the delightful Yan Pring and it was one of the most crazy and fun quilting workshops I have ever done.
Lastly is a potholder I made this week from a great little tutorial over on a Spoonful of Sugars blog (www.aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com/). I am always in need of new potholders and this one is very handy with the openings in the back for your hands.
Hope you are surrounded by lots of hearts, and more importantly, lots of love today!
Teresa









12 comments:

Val Spiers said...

Lots of nice heart things. I really love that bed spread.

Carolyn said...

Just lovely, especially the stitchery. Hope you had a perfect Valentine's day.

Susan said...

Love them all - especially the necklace.

Susan said...

All very lovely, might have to check out that tutorial. The stitchery is beautiful, Rosalie designs with such great detail.

marina said...

well done on finishing your heart stitchery. Lots of other lovely hearts too!

Marilyn said...

All gorgeous hearts. Hope you have a lovely Valentines Day with all your boys.

Fiona said...

what a fun hearty post... I just love your stitchery...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your stitchery is gorgeous. Love all your other hearts too.
Happy Valentine's Day to you.

Noela said...

Oh Teresa, I so love your heart photos. I have printed out that tutorial for the pot holder, it is very cute. I so remember that day with Yan Pring, I was very new to quilting and in the end I have never finished that quilt. In a box somewhere out of sight.Joy and I laugh over that day every now and again. Hugs......

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosos corazones, FELIZ SAN VALENTIN!!!!! besos

Karen said...

Your collection of hearts is lovely. Your stitching is looking beautiful!

Rebecka said...

Love your Hope, Love and Friendship heart. Beautiful work!