Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gifts and Purchases in Melbourne

There has been so much going on since I was in Melbourne... horror fires in our Southern States and now tornadoes, rain and flooding here and up north. It hasn't been a great start to the year for so many people. Also I have been out of action with having another round of eye surgery. It's getting better and the pain has almost gone (thankfully)... but I am still struggling with being able to see.
So if there are spelling mistakes... or the photos are blurry.... I will fix them up when I can see them properly!
I wanted to share some of the photos I took while I was in Melbourne of the gorgeous, wonderful shop L'uccello and some purchases.... and also some of the lovely gifts I received from my blogging buddies...
L'Ucello is just full of everything I love and I think I could walk around the shop all day and still see things I'd missed.
So many beautiful, colourful things.....
So many beautiful, vintage things....
 Even these wonderful Japanese Kokeshi 
dolls and lots of books...
 Unfortunately (or maybe that should be fortunately) I was pretty limited as to how much I could take back home on the plane with me... so I was very good with my spending. I bought these gorgeous fat quarters. The reds I have already used on a sewing kit for the Tasmanian Fire victims. The blues I'm using right now on Natalie Birds Tote bag out of her latest book. I also got this cute little box of shell buttons, some tapes and a gorgeous vintage card. There were sooooo many more things I would have loved to take out of the store....
 
 
 I was also very, very spoilt with the lovely blogging friends I was able to catch up with while I was in Melbourne. Jan lives in Ballarat and her gifts are to remind me of that beautiful place with all it's lovely old architecture and grand churches. The fabric covered book is just beautiful and the card is locally made. The fabric they're all lying on is what it was wrapped in... yes I was pretty darn happy!!! Thank you so much Jan ... I love my gifts so much.
 The day of going to L'uccello I met up with Marina and I received another beautiful gift. I love the frame with it's gorgeous photo... but I was absolutely over the moon with the pincushion Marina made me. I've seen these on her blog before and I can't believe I actually own one of these now. I love it. Thank you so much. You girls really know how to spoil a person!!!
 I'm still unable to drive, so I missed my stitching day with the girls today....
Very frustrating with the blurry vision and all... but it really makes me appreciate my sight and what I do have. I can't wait to get back into the stitching, and reading, and watching TV, and driving......
Hope you are all having a lovely day and doing something you love!!!

23 comments:

katrien said...

OOOOOOOOOO,what a lovely shop.

Val Spiers said...

Love the look of that shop. I will be putting it on my go to list. How nice to meet up with blog friends and the gifts are lovely. Make sure you follow doctor's orders with your eyes and I hope you are back to sewing soon.

shez said...

wow i have heard of this shop through another blogging friend that loves going there to shop,lovely presents forn the girls teresa.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Did you visit heaven!!!!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Did you visit heaven!!!!!!

Cattinka said...

I hope you will recover soon and with you all the best for your eyes.
You got beautiful presents and that shop is awesome.
KATRIN W.

Susan said...

Oh I want to go there so much, it looks and sounds fabulous. Good to hear that you're feeling better, hope you're back on deck soon. The girls really outdid themselves with your beautiful gifts.

DAWNIE said...

Oh just love everything you have posted. I do hope your vision improves soon.

Sandi said...

Glad to hear your starting to feel better, I am sure you will be back with us real soon...Love the shop you went to - will definitely put that on the must do list for Melbourne when I go...cya next week - hopefully

Sharyn T said...

What beautiful buttons. Look after yourself. Sharyn:)

Noela said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm glad you got to buy some beautiful things whilst in Melbourne. Hugs...

Lynda said...

Hi Teresa ... I hope you're soon back to 100%. Seems to be taking longer this time. Some lovely shopping and gifts there.

Jan said...

L'Ucello is my favourite shop in Melbourne; impossible not to enjoy (or to buy!) I've been meaning to ring you since the weekend to find out how you're getting on, Teresa,so am glad to read this and know you're on the mend. Look after yourself - and make sure everyone else looks after you too! xx

marina said...

the photos make L'uccello look even more amazing.
glad you are recovering and hopefully knowing what to expect made it a little more bearable. Hope you get back to normal asap
Big hug!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just wiping the drool off the keyboard..OH MY WORD! I have always wanted to visit that shop. Gorgeous purchases. How wonderful to spend time with Marina and her gifts were so lovely.. Lots of lovely memories.
I hope your eyes recover quickly and you are back to doing all your fav things soon.
Please take care.
Big hugs xxx

Tatkis said...

Wow, this shops is so great! I need to visit it next time I'm in Melbourne :)

Wonderful buys and meetings!
Take care!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Mistea said...

You made L'ucello look enormous when it just crammed full!
Lovely purchases and gorgeous gifts.
Hope the eyes are working perfectly again real soon.

Susan said...

Its almost worth a trip to Melbourne just for that shop! Hope you heal as quickly as possible.

Marilyn said...

I would agree with Peg. I think it is heaven. Wow, what a gorgeous shop. Lovely gifts from your friends also. The pin cushion is amazing.

Fiona said...

lovely goodies from a lovely shop and lovely friends..... I adore those cross stitch pincushions Marina does too.... my eyes are watering just thinking about yours.... hope you feel lots better soon....
Hugz

KAYLEE said...

Firstly best wishes for a speedy recovery Teresa. Lots of gorgeous things you pick up at that lovely shop. Lovely gifts from your blogging friends.

Karen said...

You sure did have a good day in that shop. What fun!
Hope your eyes are wonderful very soon!!

Cathy said...

Wonderful looking shop! Where is it in Melbourne exactly? Im heading there in March would love to spend time hunting through the goodies!!
Glad your eyes are on the mend!! xx