Saturday, February 23, 2013

February's Stitch Along Challenge & Some Other Finishes

 
This months project for the Stitch-A-Long is Natalie Birds True Friends tote bag. I bought these fabrics in January when I went to L'ucellos in Melbourne and I really wanted to use them for this bag.
The original bag is in redwork and I didn't have quite enough different fabrics, but with a bit of adjusting I managed to make my bag. I'm really happy with it... and being in blue... I will use it so much more.
 
I even managed to use the tape I bought instead of using ric rac down the sides of the front. The pockets on the front of the bag are perfect for your phone and keys. I also put an extra pocket inside.... you can never have too many pockets!
Back of the bag.
With the little bit of fabric I had left over I made a small zippered purse. Not a single piece of fabric was wasted which is a great feeling!
I am so happy with this bag and  it's such a great, roomy size too. My gorgeous friend Marina (who was with me when I bought the fabric) has called it my "Melbourne" bag and every time I use it I will remember how much fun we had together in Melbourne.
I have also been making some teeny tiny hexies and getting quite addicted. I made about 30 of them last night while watching the telly!!!
Not long to go now until I head off to Adelaide for our Lets Get Stitched retreat. Dawn sent us all a little kit to make these brooches. We're to wear them at the airport so we can easily spot each other. Another bit of fun sewing!!! Getting quite excited about this trip now as it's getting closer and closer.
Hope you've been able to do something you love this week as well!
Have a great weekend!

23 comments:

Susan said...

I love your bag, you have chosen such beautiful fabrics for it. The stripe is so effective.....And a matching purse too clever girl. Enjoy your retreat.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful Teresa. Love your fabric choice.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Such beautiful fabrics Teresa, this bag is one of the loveliest I have seen made up in this design. Enjoy your "Melbourne" bag.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Chookyblue...... said...

love your bag.......perfect fabrics...cute purse....

Mistea said...

Lovely bag. Sweet purse.
Pretty flower.

Kayly said...

A very elegant bag. Have fun in Adelaide.

Sunnybec said...

Oh I love your bag! I like it better in blue too, much more usable. Hugs x

katrien said...

Lovely bag.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow your bag is fanastic....wow again......Cute brooche, bet you have a ball, how many sleeps!!!!

Sue W ♥ said...

Your bag looks beautiful well done, love the blue, Go the hexies, what are you making, not one of those lovely purses floating around everyone's blog?

Lynda said...

What a beautiful bag!

Tatkis said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful blue-toned bag! Fantastic!

Have fun in Adelaide :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Susan said...

Just love those fabrics in your bag and a very cute flower brooch - now we are all jealous we aren't going too!!

Cattinka said...

You made a beautiful set of bags and you took very nice pictures of them.
KATRIN W.

Mary said...

Your bag turned out wonderful. Love the cute brooch you made as well. Great idea. Have a great weekend.

marina said...

your Melbourne bag looks amazing, the fabrics look so elegant!
Now what are those hexies going to become? I am curious. You know that addiction is hard to fight.
Hope you have a ball at your retreat.

Rebecka said...

I like your bag and especially in blue. Have fun at your retreat. Great idea to make the flowers to spot your friends.

Cath said...

Wow Teresa, I am in love with your bag. Love the stitchery in blue, love the fabrics....love it all!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonitos trabajos!! el bolso me encanta!! besos

Christine said...

Your bag is gorgeous ... looks fabulous in blue. Have fun in Adelaide.

Noela said...

The colours/fabrics in your bag are gorgeous. Love your broach. What a great idea so you can recognize each other. Hugs....

shirley said...

Your bag is lovely I like the blue stitching too and agree it is a much more serviceable colour, with lots of memories too.

The little flower brooch will certainly be noticeable...have a great time in Adelaide

Jantine said...

This bag is so beautiful! Is the patterns for sale? I would really love to make this stitchery!