Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Early Birthday Celebrations

I don't usually tell anyone it's my birthday... maybe because it's a big one this year things are a little different. In fact in the past I try very hard for the day to slip by with very minimal fuss and if no one remembers, then even better. I am always very glad when the day has been and gone and life continues on. Well I think this year it might go a little different. Yes it's a big one this year and yes I am actually celebrating it this year and have even made plans for the day....something I very rarely do. Due to it starting today and the fact I'm going to Adelaide after my birthday... then seeing my brother for his birthday later in the month and celebrating some more... I think this birthday is going to go on for awhile yet.....
Tereasa and her beautiful teapot birthday present
One lovely thing about my birthday is that it is the same day as my gorgeous buddy (another Tereasa!). The girls in our stitching group always make a big deal of our day and today was definitely no exception.
How good is (was) our birthday cake? It was a Black Forest and absolutely delicious.It even had a special message with both our names on it... even the right spelling!!!
The food was delicious... zucchini slices, cheese platter, retro hedgehogs and even fairy bread!!! You guys really outdid yourselves today.. It all looked and tasted amazing.
The girls gave me this gorgeous "french" wall clock... I am so in love with it.
And these beautiful ceramic coasters. Just beautiful. 
I had such a lovely day with the girls and they went to a lot of trouble to make this day very special and it definitely was.
 I was so thrilled with the clock that as soon as I got home I rearranged my whole wall and had the clock up within 10 minutes of being home. It is in the perfect spot and I just love it.
  Thank you for a wonderful day and making it very special.

24 comments:

Susan said...

What a celebration - pity we didn't know on Sunday - we could have made an even bigger fuss! Happy Birthday - sounds like its going to be a load of fun.

Cattinka said...

Happy Birthday Teresa!
Today is also my fathers birthday, and he turned 85 toeday, so don´t worry about getting older, there are lots of birthdays to come for you.
KATRIN W.

Marilyn said...

I wont let Susan know that I did know on Sunday. lol. It sounds like your celebration this year will be ongoing like mine was last year. Enjoy every moment of it. The clock and coasters are beautiful, and it looks like a yummy cake.

katrien said...

Happy Birthday,
I also become 50 this year.
Have a nice time.

Sunnybec said...

Happy Birthday! Love your clock, will have to look for one here!! I celebrate a big birthday this year too but mine is 60!!!! EEEKKK. We are going over to the UK to celebrate with family and friends, can't wait. Hugs xx

Marls said...

Happy Birthday-what a great start to the celebrations. 50th birthday celebrations HAVE TO last for many weeks!!!

marina said...

sounds great that you are having an ongoing birthday!
great way to start celebrations off with your sewing friends. Enjoy the festivities...
Love your new clock
sending you a big birthday hug!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Teresa. I love your new clock too......and you're never too old for fairy bread.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Big Birthday Hugs my lovely friend. Love your cake and it looks like one that definitely needed to be shared around everyone's hips. LOL. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs xxx

debbie said...

Happy Birthday! I had so much fun chatting with you on Sunday at the blog meet. We will have a great time in Adelaide too, no doubt. xx debbie

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday! I am having a serious case of cake envy... it looks delicious!

Noela said...

Happy Birthday for Sunday Teresa. Enjoy your celebrations. Will be thinking of you and my Kym. She is off to Melbourne for a holiday with a friend so will miss seeing her. Hugs...

Mistea said...

Happy day wishes to you.
Enjoy all the celebrations.

Sharyn T said...

Many Happy returns Teresa. Fifty and fabulous! Sharyn:)

Vicki said...

Hope you continue to have a great few weeks of celebrations for the big 50, Teresa! Love the clock and the coaster - such good choices for you XX

shirley said...

Happy Birthday Teresa, 50 I wish you many happy times ahead.

Jan said...

What a lovely celebration for the two Ts! such lovely gifts, too. Enjoy your special day(s)!

Lynda said...

I hope you have a fantastic day on Sunday and your birthday celebrations last for ages. Happy Big Birthday.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday.
It looks like you have had a great start to many days of celebrating!

Fiona said...

Happy Birthday and welcome to the happy 5... its a great place to be....
Hugz

shez said...

happy birthday Teresa,what a lovely group you are in,i hope you have a wonderful day surrounded by love and laughter.xx

Robyn G. said...

Happy Birthday lovely girl... Keep the celebrations going :)
Enjoy your trip and your gorgeous pressies.

KAYLEE said...

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY Teresa, hope you have/had a wonderful celebration. The clock is gorgeous.

Pansy said...

Happy BIG!! Birthday Teresa, pleased I am not that big 50!!! darn! thats right I'm alot older than that LOL
Hugs & Kisses to a wonderful lady xx Pammy