Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So far this year.....

 How are you all going this year??? Did you make any New Years resolutions? The only one (besides get healthier - which I say every year!!!) I made this year was to try and give only handmade presents for the whole year. Even if they're not made by me, I'd like to try and give a handmade gift. The above is my first purchase! I've already bought a few things from Hearts & Roses Jewellery and I had a few of these little bag charms made for gifts. They're very Australian with their little kangaroo, koala and Oz charms plus I wanted a couple of good luck charms thrown in as well. I've sent one to my Mum (who's traveling around Australia) and one is for my niece who heads off to the UK in a couple of weeks for a year. I love them... thanks Louise you did a wonderful job. I wish I'd taken a photo of the others before I sent them off!!!
Now on to the "get healthier" resolution. I am doing the 30 day green smoothie challenge which I did a couple of years ago. I don't know why I don't just do it every day as these drinks are delicious.... and so quick and easy. This year is even better though, as there are lots of new recipes and ideas to try. The purple one is the result of a handful of blueberries! My favourite so far is the pear, banana, spinach and almond milk. But I love the mango, banana, pineapple and spinach one too... I'm going to try a new recipe each day! Luckily you can't taste the spinach!!! So far I've gone 8 days....and loving it!!!
 I went and saw Les Mis the other night and I loved it!! In fact I loved it so much I want to go again. Some movies really should be seen on the big screen, and this is one of them. Ann Hathaway and Hugh Jackman were superb. Wonderful!
And of course, being Tuesday.... I got together with girls today for our first stitch, chat, laugh, eat, catch up!!! I wasn't able to stay all day, but I had a lot of fun seeing them and even got to do a bit of stitching. I'm so close to finishing this now... Just a bit on the top left and a couple of hearts in the center....
Helen had these cuties to eat... some left over Christmas treats.. They were very delicious little reindeers!
I am heading off to the movies again tonight.. to see "The Hobbit"... I love going to the movies!
Hope you're all having a wonderful start to the New Year.

16 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Enjoy your movie and your stitchery looks lovely as do the smoothies
I could liveon smoothies but have only ever put fruit in mine
Not so sure about the spinach

marina said...

lovely little gifts and interesting 'green' combinations!
great going on your stitchery-not much more to go.
Am in two minds about Les Mis, but I am off to the Hobbit tomorrow, can't wait.

De said...

yummy treats and healthy smoothies! LOL!

De said...

Oh and because its always nice to hear other peoples ideas.....what about for the boys in your life? Thats what I really struggle with with handmade!

DAWNIE said...

Everyone enjoys hand gifted presents so great idea. Mhappy new year to you!

Val Spiers said...

Great little charms and those smoothies look delicious . I like your resolutions . Very worthwhile keeping.

Sunnybec said...

Hugh Jackman, I have come over all unnecessary now... there is something about him... emmmmm. Enjoy the Hobbit. Hugs Linda x

Susan said...

Gorgeous charms, yummy sounding drinks (I think) and love the reindeer!!

Marilyn said...

We have just got home from seeing Les Mis. Wow. it is amazing. Good idea to do the handmade gifts - and there are so many wonderful things to make or that others have made. Helen's reindeer are so cute.

Marilyn said...

We have just got home from seeing Les Mis. Wow. it is amazing. Good idea to do the handmade gifts - and there are so many wonderful things to make or that others have made. Helen's reindeer are so cute.

Jeanette said...

Those smoothies look good. Could you let me know more about the challenge please. I'm hoping to see Les Mis. I've been to see The Hobbit & really enjoyed it.Hugs,xx.

Cath said...

Good luck with the health kick...the smoothies look good. I love your stitchery and I have those exact scissors. I couldn't resist them.
cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Allie said...

Those charms are beautiful!!! I love the idea of homemade, even if it's not you making it - what a great idea. Your smoothies sound wonderful, yum. And I love your heart pattern!

I saw The Hobbit the night it opened here, LOVED it. I usually don't go to movies, but I've been reading Tolkien since I was nine and couldn't resist.

Cathy said...

Im intrigued by your smoothies...is the detox a special diet??? Where can i find the recipes??
I must get and see Les Mis....have seen the stage show and love the story!!!

Tatkis said...

Wow, the charms are adorable!
Good luck with your healthy food and drinks :)
And the heart stitching looks so sweet!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Love the stitchery, what is the pattern Teresa?
I too went to see Les Mis and loved it :)