Tuesday, January 22, 2013

L'ucellos, a Catch Up & More

I am certainly cramming as much into this trip to Melbourne as I can. I'll need a holiday when I get home to recover!!! Ha ha!!
Yesterday was so much fun as I caught the tram into the city to catch up with Marina, my lovely blogging friend that I met for the first time 2 years ago on my last trip here to Melbourne. It was so good to see her again. We met under the clock at Flinders Street station (where everyone meets) and then we hit L'ucellos. This is such a wonderful shop and I wouldn't miss out on going again. I could stay in this shop for hours & hours.
After I finally tore myself away we had some lunch at the old Post Office cafe and walked around the city. This is such a gorgeous city with so many wonderful things to see and do and take photos of!!!
Thanks for a wonderful day Marina and thank you soooooo much for the lovely gift. I have been so spoilt this trip and I have my friends to thank for this as well as my brother and sister in law. They always make sure my trips here are very special. I love them so much for all they do.
Last night of the tennis and guess what? I got to see Federer again - I am definitely making up for the last 3 years. Another terrific match and luckily an earlier night than the night before!
Huge day!
Have a great week!
Teresa x









14 comments:

Melody said...

So glad you are having fun.

Lynda said...

So lovely that you could meet up with Marina. Melbourne is looking wonderful.

Fiona said...

oh what fun.....
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Such a fun trip.

marina said...

well if Federer decides to retire at least you can say you saw him play 3 matches.
that shot tower photo really looks great!
it was a great day!x

Susan said...

Had to be at least one bloggy meet - have you had enough of federa yet?? probably not . . .

Karen said...

So lovely to see you enjoying the city!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic...so pleased you are having such a good time..

Jan said...

Another great day, Teresa - isn't L'Ucello a fabulous shop. I LOVE Melbourne; there are always favourite places to revisit and new ones to discover. How nice that you were able to catch up with Marina.

Susan said...

My sister lives in Melbourne.........I think I need a holiday! Looks fabulous, and Marina is so lovely.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I so want to go to that shop. That is such a gorgeous photo of you two lovely girls. So glad you are having such a great time and have gotten dso lucky at the tennis.

KAYLEE said...

You are having a blast, that's great Teresa. Watching the great Roger Federer playing live is an awesome memory for you Teresa.

Wendy B said...

what a great time you're having.....and some great shots too....even tennis ones!!! LOL
xox sugary hugs
wendy :O)

Dianne said...

I found L'ucellos through you, Teresa and can't wait to visit again. Such a beautiful shop. So happy you are having such a great time in such a beautiful city. Sounds like you will need a rest when you get home :-)