Monday, January 14, 2013

January Finish

 Well I'm off to a good start this month.... so far!!! A couple of shoe bags for my trip to Melbourne this week.I just love Anni Downs quirky pictures and I really enjoyed the wonky shoe applique. I've made the blue one for my sister in law (who I'm visiting and who travels quite a bit) and the pale green one for myself. I've used Anni's gorgeous fabric as well. Love the little pictures on the fabric.
It's still hot here and I can tell you it was hard work sitting and stitching and sweating to make these bags and it took a lot longer than normal. The heat really zaps my energy levels.. if it had been cooler I think I could have made 10 of these bags in the time it took me to make 2!!!
Well I'm a happy chappy today... the tennis has started.. tonight is my last night at work for a week... and I'm off to Melbourne to see my brother!!! Always hard leaving the boys behind though, even if it's only for 6 days!!! 
Hope you're having a Happy Monday!!!

26 comments:

Jeanette said...

love your bags Teresa. Wish i could summon the energy to make one. Have a nice trip away. Hugs,xx.

Lynda said...

I hope you have a great time in Melbourne and the weather is kind to you. The shoe bags turned out beautifully - I know what you mean about stitching in hot weather - I've done nothing at night for weeks.

Noela said...

Anni's fabric is so cute Teresa. Love your bags. Have a great 6 days. Hugs...

Carolyn said...

Congrats on the finish especially in this heat. Enjoy Melbourne, but then, who wouldn't?

De said...

These are great bags! Have a great time away!

marina said...

very cute bags.
looking forward to you coming to Melbourne!

Mistea said...

Perfect timing - they are done in time.
How can you keep hold of the needle in those temperatures?

Enjoy your break.

sunny said...

Love the shoe bags. That really is an adorable pattern. Enjoy your trip!

KAYLEE said...

The shoe bags are gorgeous Teresa. Lucky you, enjoy Melbourne, I hope it's a little cooler down there for you.

Karen said...

I hope you have a great week here in Melbourne. Will you be going to the tennis? Thursday looks like the only extra hot day during your stay.
your shoe bags look great. Almost too good to use!

Jan said...

Gorgeous bags, Teresa! Finishing mine today or tomorrow. Happy (and safe) travels; hope to see you soon. xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have fun. love the bags...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very cute bags...a lovely gift. Enjoy your trip.
Hugs x

Susan said...

The shoe bags are lovely - but how much fun will you have in Melbourne with your brother and the tennis?? Loads I am sure.

Sunnybec said...

Another wonderful project from SKOW, I keep seeing all these lovely things and my resolve not to buy anything this month is weakening by the second! I love your shoe bags, have a good trip. Hugs x

Susan said...

Love the shoe bags......hope you bring home a new pair of shoes from Melbourne. Have fun!

Sandi said...

Great looking bags Cassie, Hope you have a great time in Melbourne and also the weather is alot nicer for you.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosas bolsas, besos

Cath said...

nice finish and a lovely touch to use Annie Downs fabric. Enjoy your trip to Melbourne and lets hope it cools down before too long.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Tatkis said...

Adorable bags - soooo cute!
Today is much better, than yesterday :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Marilyn said...

Your shoe bags are gorgeous, Teresa. Have a lovely time in Melbourne.

Cattinka said...

Oh you made shoe bags from it, what a great idea!
KATRIN W.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Wow, they look great

Cathy said...

Enjoy your break! Love your bags, so cutsie!!
PS...I start my Green Smoothies today!! Thank you xx

Melody said...

Gorgeous, I love your fabric choices

retdairyqueen said...

Love the bags Great idea
Enjoy the tennis and your little break
It might be a little cooler in Melb for you