Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful night last night and didn't have so much fun, that you're feeling a little worse for wear today. Even though I worked to midnight last night, I did see the new year in and I will remember this night for ever. There were only 3 of us girls walking out at midnight, the only workers on roster!!!  One of the girls brought out poppers and sparklers as we walked out the door. It was the funniest thing... Here we were at midnight, listening to fireworks going off somewhere nearby, wearing our uniforms, very tired and looking forward to bed.... and we were popping those poppers and writing our names in the dark with our sparklers!!! The few drivers that past us up the street must have thought we were a very funny sight. You know what though... that was the best New Years Eve party (at work) I've ever been to. What a brilliant idea and what fun we had!!! 
  Now on to my new year news....
I enjoyed my Gratitude Journal and posting a photo everyday last year so much, I've decided to push myself with another challenge. This time I'm making it a little easier... not too much to think about.... just....what's making me happy on that day... 
It can be something huge, like family, friends or your health...
or it can be something simple as a flower (or chocolate!) .... anything at all... as long as it brought a smile to my face or a burst to my heart!! Anyone who'd like to join is very welcome!!!
You can find my first day's post  HERE.... the first day is always easy!!!
Have a great day!

11 comments:

Susan said...

Oh what fun - I haven't played with sparklers for years!

Roseanne said...

A big happy 2013 to you and your lovely family Teresa.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!

Susan said...

I had a very quiet New Year's Eve, but was lucky enough to meet up with friends for dinner tonight whilst we're all on holidays. Your night sounds special in it's simplicity. You are one of the most grateful people I know, I'm sure you will have no trouble with finding things to make you happy in 2013. Enjoy your year.

katrien said...

Happy new year for you and your family.

Cardygirl said...

Happy. New year Teresa!

Fiona said...

Happy happy new year.... wishing you a wonderful one...
Hugz

marina said...

happy new year! what a great idea to reflect on what makes us happy.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Happy New Year Teresa. Love all your recent posts from Xmas. Love all your Pressies :)

Tatkis said...

Happy New Year to you and all your family!
May it bring happiness, love and wealth to you!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Khristina aka Khris said...

Happy 2013 to you Teresa...I am sure you will make the most of each and every day...hugs Khris