Friday, January 18, 2013

Australian Open, Melbourne

Well I'm here in Melbourne and having a ball. It's so lovely to spend a week with my brother in this gorgeous place and to top it off - there's the tennis!!!
This year I was determined to see Federer play as I've been coming to this event since 2010 and missed out on seeing him every time. It's been absolutely freaky just how I've missed out each time. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy watching all the players- I've just always wanted to see him live. So even though we have tickets for Friday to Monday, when I found out he was playing last night, we got tickets to go - just in case! So glad we did. I had a ball and thoroughly enjoyed watching him play. We managed to watch the whole first set from the front row - that's a long , very funny story. It was the best night!
We have heaps planned and I can't wait......
Hope you all have a great Friday and an even better weekend.
Teresa.





14 comments:

KAYLEE said...

That's great Teresa, enjoy your week. I remember your posts from last year, WOW 12 months has passed already.... Looking forward to seeing photos of your craft stops :-)

Mistea said...

Enjoy your stay and the tennis.

shez said...

lucky you,enjoy.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have heaps of fun!!!!

Vicki said...

He's my favourite too! Have a great time with your brother xx

Marilyn said...

Another tick for your bucket list. Enjoy your time with your brother - and everything else you get up to while there.

Melody said...

Have a fabulous time. If you are in the city try to squeeze in a visit to L'uccello. You will adore it.

retdairyqueen said...

So pleased all is going well

Anita said...

Sounds like you're having a blast. Glad you got to see Federer play.....he's pretty easy on the eye hey? giggle giggle.
Cheers,Anita.

Tatkis said...

Wow, you lucky girl!
I should have watched the game more closely instead of stitching - then I could have seen you :)))

Have fun!
Hugs,
Tatyana

Noela said...

Glad to see your having a great time. Will be good to see Federer and Tomic play. Hugs.....

marina said...

I am not a tennis fan but I love Roger Federer. He is such the good sportsman.

Sue W ♥ said...

So jealous...wish I would have know as I would have tried to spy you in the crowd, I try not to miss my fave tennis player in action. Glad you enjoyed it and you must be excited about tomorrows game, have fun!!

Maree: said...

Front Row no wonder you got a a good Shot of Him...WooHoo.
Well Done...
Enjoy