Friday, December 28, 2012

Boxing Day

 Christmas always lasts for 2 days for us as we spend Boxing Day each year with my family. I love this day!!! My brother lives interstate and my sister is also a good 2 hours drive away from me, so when we all get the same time off to get together, it's wonderful. 
My niece made the gingerbread house and I was the lucky one who got to take it home!

Haylee and Loklan being as cute as ever.
 My Mum (who is too far away to fly home this year) is missing us all terribly, so my brother, sister and I had a photo taken to send to her. Out of so many photos, this one was the only one we liked enough to send!!!
 All the kids, missing one of my sisters boys (but we did get to see him for a few minutes) and my James. My boys and my sisters kids have their photo taken together every Christmas. It's wonderful to see them grow up via the photos in the Christmas album.
 Me and my dad! I am very lucky.... I  have the best dad in the world.
 My gorgeous niece Maddi.... love her to pieces xx

I just love this photo of Haylee dancing around, catching bubbles. 
We had the best day and it was hard to leave my Dads place (as always). 
I love spending time with my family.... so much fun, so many laughs and so many wonderful memories. 
I hope you all got to spend time with the people you love too. 

P.S. Just wanted to add a few photos of some of the wonderful presents I received for Christmas this year....
 These are from my Mum... she always sends me beautiful things and she knows exactly what I love. Now I have a Christmas thimble to add to my collection. A wonderful old lavender bottle with "Paris" engraved into it and a sweet little French notebook.
 Such thoughtful gifts from my Jack. Bryce Courtenay's last book before he sadly passed away earlier this year. A wonderful set of coffee mugs and yummy scented soaps that look and smell good enough to eat. They are now in my drawer and making everything smell divine.
And of course..... my absolutely gorgeous kimono from James.... which he is proudly displaying for me via skype!!! Cannot wait to see him and this beautiful silk kimono!!!! 
I am one very spoilt and one very lucky girl!!!!

12 comments:

Jan said...

What a fun couple of days, Teresa! With no family around, ours has been quiet as usual (just the way we like it!). Lots of phone calls on Christmas day and we Skyped Rosy in China; so great to be able to see our girl. It's back to real life for me next Wed. - I'm enjoying the break so much. Happy New Year to you; I do hope we can catch up, even briefly, when you're in Melbourne. xx

Karmen Sunshine said...

Great photos of a lovely family.
Karmen

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a beautiful photo of the three of you together. I bet your Mum had a little tear. So glad you had a lovely day.

Jeanette said...

Great photo's. Love the one of the three of you together. Hugs,xx.

marina said...

lots of lovely family pics.
you and your sister are definitely chips off the block, you look so much like your mum.
the photo of Haylee is very sweet.

retdairyqueen said...

Great family photos
Your sister is very much like you to look at
Lucky you to get to take home that fabulous ginger bread house xx

Sandi said...

Love the photos Cassie, little girls and bubbles are priceless...

Noela said...

Glad you had a lovely day with your family. It's great to spend quality time with them. Your Mum will have enjoyed the photo I'm sure. We are all so busy these days. Hugs.....

Maree: said...

Lovely Post...You and Your Sister are Very Much Alike...Great Photo for Mum..
Glad you had a Great Day.
cheers

Fiona said...

special memories made...
Hugz

Susan said...

Sounds like another lovely day - gosh you and your sister look alike.

Cath said...

Moments to treasure Teresa. I live too far away from my family to see them. I spent boxing day in my pj's (apart from two hours, when I took the dogs for a walk) watching dvd's with my daughter. Decadant but blissful!