Saturday, November 10, 2012

What Makes Me Happy....

Making me happy this week is celebrating my husbands birthday!!! He hit the big 50 this year!
The best part has been celebrating with family and friends.
The day before we had a lovely lunch with friends of ours that we've been friends with for years...as long as we've been married. The food was delicious and the company fantastic. Lots of laughs and fun and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
 We also had a wonderful evening, celebrating with my husbands family. My Mother in law is a wonderful cook and dinner was amazing. Spanakopita (spinach triangles), pastitsio, Greek salad and potato salad and we finished off with rice pudding (my boys absolute favourite) and chocolate, hazelnut liqueur cheesecake (my new favourite ha ha)
It was such a great night and so much fun... especially when the youngest grandchildren taught my MIL how to dance Gangnam style.. She has a fantastic sense of humor. Too much food and too much laughing, but it was the best!!!
On the day of Mike's birthday we ended up going to the movies in the evening.. We went Gold Class... something we've never done before and it was wonderful. Will definitely be doing this again. Nice comfy recliner chairs to sit in and dessert and coffee served to our table! The movie wasn't bad either!!!
Hubby is yet to use his birthday present... a trip in a glider plane over the Sunshine coast hinterland. He will be allowed to take over the controls while he's up there, on his way gliding down to the ground. I hope he enjoys it!
I'm in a red and white swap with my online group Friends in Stitching and we have our opening night next Friday. This is my parcel winging it's way to my partner, Peg. Look out for the Postie Peg!!!
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Ours has started out beautifully with lots of rain overnight and still overcast and showery today. The rain has been a long time in coming and it's so needed here where I live. Being on tank water, we appreciate every drop we get and the tank has been getting very low lately... so it's so nice to see the rain and hear it flowing into the tank!!!
Have a great day!!!

11 comments:

Cath said...

Lovely post Teresa and happy birthday to your hubby!

shez said...

happy birthday to your hubby Teresa and boy what a lot of fun and food you have had,beautiful memories,enjoy your weekend.xx

Mistea said...

All that delicious food would make me happy too! Ha Ha.

Lovely to celebrate with family and friends and special outings.

Lucky Hubby.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy birthday to your DH...its a great age....fantastic photos and look at that food....yummo....and is that for me, oh how exciting!!!!

Sunnybec said...

Yummy food! Happy birthday to your hubs, it looks like he had a fabulous time. Hugs

Susan said...

I am sure your husband will enjoy his gliding experience - I did it once - absolutely wonderful. Wish I'd been there for the Greek rice pudding - love that.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby. Celebrating with friends and family is always so much fun.

marina said...

sounds like a fantastic birthday celebration! Happy birthday wishes to hubs.
Gold class is great isn't it? I wish I could see all movies gold class it's wonderful.

katrien said...

Happy birthday voor your hubby.

rosie said...

Teresa, it's been wonderful catching up with all your recent news.. Happy birthday to your Hubby, tell him 50 is the new 40!! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Do you know, I didn't even know there was a gold class at the movie theatre.... I am so sheltered!!!! Hope your eyes are better now, and ps. love your new look blog..xx

Jantine said...

Congratulations for your husband and you of course.