Monday, November 19, 2012

Red and White Swap

Last Friday was the opening of my on line group Friends in Stitching latest swap. 
This swaps theme was Red & White. It was so much fun.
This is what I received from my partner Fiona...
The most gorgeous patchwork and quilted bag. So much detail and so many lovely fabrics...
I love it!
Inside... Fiona's lovely label.... and more goodies....
A red 2013 diary (perfect size for my handbag), some strawberry and cream lollies (long gone!) and the cutest little Christmas tree decoration....
How cute is it?
Thanks so much Fiona... I love what you made for me!
This is what I made for my partner Peg. It's a Christmas mail bag and is one of Tilda's designs from her book "Crafting Christmas Gifts".
Some details of the bag... 
I've wanted to make this for ages... so glad I finally got to make it for Peg.
The reindeer on the front pocket is appliqued, has "snow" painted on to it and some embroidery.
It was a lot of fun to make.
There was also a Tilda stocking in there and some red and white jelly beans (as I confessed to Peg... there were green ones in there too... but they didn't fit in with the swap theme... so I ate them!!!)
Another wonderful swap!
The next, and final one for this year, is the Christmas swap... I'd better get a move on!!!
Hope you're having a great day!
Happy Monday!

15 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your gifts from Fee are gorgeous....and mine....love them, totally perfect, I was so thrilled when I opened my parcel up Teresa, thank you so much again..xx

Susan said...

I'm lovimg all these red & white things - great idea for a mail bag and we can never have too many bags to put sewing stuff in. Dont you just love Fiona's label too??

Karen said...

These are gorgeous swap gifts.

shez said...

so funny teresa you eating the green jelly beans,gorgeous gifts both sent and received,what a lovely swap.xx

De said...

Im sure you brought the packet with the most green ones! LOL!
Love your gifts!

marina said...

what gorgeous gifts!
Your little reindeer is so cute..

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a gorgeous swap...red and white. Yum. So good of you to go that extra mile and eat the green ones so as not to spoil the theme. Beautiful gifts sent and received.
Michelle x

katrien said...

Lovely swap with nice thngs.

Fiona said...

Great swap... I love the bag you got from another Fiona .... beautiful and you made such a nice one for Peg... lots of detail in the very cute reindeer....
Hugz

Maree: said...

Lovely Gifts ...love tihe colour theme.
Had a lol about the Green ones.
Cheers

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful gifts sent and received.......

Diann said...

What a beautiful batch of red and white! And you're quite right. The green just wasn't in keeping with the theme!

KAYLEE said...

WOW gorgeous gifts Teresa, given and received.

Mistea said...

I like the green ones too!


Lots of lovely red and white projects in blogland at the moment.
Love the little mail bag you made and the pretties you received - too special.

Enjoy stitching up Christmas.

Tatkis said...

Fantastic swap, all the presents are just wonderful - sent and received!

Hugs,
Tatyana