Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Monday Catch Up!!

 Happy Monday to you!!! (Yes I know it's now Tuesday... I had this post almost ready for yesterday, but work got in the way!!!)
I have been so busy the last few weeks... Christmas is just around the corner and I'm so NOT ready!!!! However, my Christmas banner is almost finished. All the pennants are made and have their letters on....
 I painted chipboard letters black and embossed them, plus I've edged all the rosettes with gold paint. Now all I have to do is string them together and add a few pearls on the corners and I can hang it up. We don't put up anything for Christmas here until December 1st... so I'm still on track!!!
Last months Faeries in my Garden gift of the month was this gorgeous apron pattern and fabric. As soon as I saw it I knew it was perfect for my friend, Virginia. She loves everything French and is the best macaron cook ever.
The fabric is so wonderfully French and is cooking themed. I loved the pattern too... completely lined which gives it a lovely weight and so neatly finished.
I also made a pot holder with the left over fabric and added a pocket to the back. I love this style... you can easily slide your hand in and makes it so much easier to hold hot things.

 Another, quick, easy finish this week is this cute little pattern from Marg Low.

I bought this in Sydney at the Craft show (along with lots of other unfinished things!!!) I love her designs and patterns.

Now, as this was supposed to go up yesterday on Monday... I was also adding my "What makes me happy Monday" piece. This week it is about the gorgeous book I received in the mail. Have you ever seen the videos by Matt Harding? He's also known as the "Dancing Matt" or "Where the hell is Matt?" on You Tube. He has lots of videos of himself and people from all over the world.... doing his crazy little dance. His videos just make me feel good. They make me smile and quite often laugh out loud. I just love them and the wonderful feel-good feeling I get when I watch them...
Anyway I sent away for his book and I just love it..
But even more so, I love what he wrote/drew in the front of the book...
I was so happy when I got his book and I'm really enjoy the read.
What's making you happy today???
Happy Monday...er .... Tuesday!!!!

13 comments:

Fiona said...

Lots of lovely things to look at and read about today... I always love your sewing and that bunting is amazing... so much detail... how fun is that book...
Hugz

Mistea said...

Beautiful banner there - hope work is staying out of the way of a finish.

Cute apron. I am enjoying seeing all the nice ones around at the moment and had a go at making one myself last week. Lining sure is a good idea.

Cute book and personal message.

Enjoy all your happy things.

Susan said...

Gorgeous apron, I'm sure your friend will be very happy with it. Marg Low's projects are always so sweet, and they are fun to make. Belated happy Monday to you too.

KAYLEE said...

Love the Christmas banner Teresa. The Apron and pot holder are lovely also.

shez said...

lovely banner teresa and i really love the apron,i have often thought about joining that club,do you find it good value? That little birdie trinket is so cute.xx

Val said...

I just so love that apron pattern and fabric. The birdie trinket is very cute.

marina said...

your banner is gorgeous. Love the apron and holder too.
those videos are great, very cute drawing, happy dancing too!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lots of lovely things to look at Teresa...love the cute little tag. I think the dancing guy is great and you're right he just makes you feel good. How cool that he signed it for you.

Tatkis said...

Wow, you've been busy! I love your future banner, and the apron is lovely, but the bird keyholder is the best :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Diann said...

I love that apron set. Just beautiful and your Christmas banner is gorgeous too! Dark side allright! What a treat with the Matt book. I haven't heard of him before. I'll have to check it out.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It is now Wed what have I been doing....but your Monday post has made me happy..just wonderful projects Teresa...xx

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous - the bunting, the Faeries project, the key fob, and then the inscription in your book is so special.
It certainly is a busy time isnt it.

Jantine said...

Great idea; the potholder with a pocket for your hand!