Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crossing Over to the Dark Side!

Well that's what Sandi calls it...
Today my stitching buddies swapped fabrics and sewing machines for paper and glue!!! 
And boy did we have fun!!! 
I haven't finished a thing yet, but I thought I'd show you what we started....
 It's a bunting which will spell out "Merry Christmas" and it's all done with paper. Paper rosettes, paper lace and paper flags. The rosettes were fun to make (thank goodness!). I've used lots of paper with a vintage look to them and I've distressed the edges. 
 I can't wait to finish it now... I'll have to push the sewing machine off the table and clear some space.....
Oh and we went to the local tavern for lunch afterwards!!!!
I mean, what else would you do??
Thanks for a brilliant day Helen, Trees, Sandi, Noreen, Laurel and Heather... I had so much fun!!!

17 comments:

Susan said...

Looks very pretty.......it'always nice to try something new.

shez said...

i agree with Susan,very pretty teresa.xx

Mistea said...

That does look like a lot of fun - Always good to have a change every now and then (or every day like me!)

Look forward to seeing the finish soon.

The cake looks delicious too.

Marilyn said...

Looks really good over on the dark side, Teresa. Look forward to seeing the finished bunting.

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

I cant wait to see it finished either, lovely!!

De said...

it looks lovely! (and so do dessert!) sometimes paper craft is a necessity!

Susan said...

Sometimes the lines get blurred between fabric and paper - I thought that first picture was a new scissors holder! Sounds like you had a fun day - and isn't that the whole point??

David bone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiona said...

Clever you Teresa... they look just beautiful... multitalented you are.... oh the cake.. the cake... so tempting...
Hugz

Diann said...

Oooh, it is the dark side, Teresa! I think I have almost as much scrap booking stuff as sewing stuff! I love what you've done though. Looks great. And that cake? YUMM!!

KAYLEE said...

Looks lovely, looking forward to seeing the end result.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The "Dark Side" looks like fun....

Noela said...

Very nice Teresa. The dessert looks yummy. I'm on a diet so glad I haven't got any in the house. Hugs...

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Just beautiful Teresa :))

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful. But I am not staying I don't' want to catch that bug...I can't fit in my sewing room as it is.
Michelle xx

rosie said...

Teresa, they are so beautiful... And, I have caught the bug... and that's why my sewing room is busting!!!! Handmade cards are just the best!