Friday, October 19, 2012

Doily Swap

 A few weeks ago I showed you some photos of the fabric, doilys, buttons and ribbon I received when I joined in Fee's Doily Swap. My partner is Michele (of The Christmas Beetle) and she has received her parcel from me, so I thought I would show you what I came up with. 
The fabric Michele sent me to "play" with was gorgeous. I managed to use nearly all of it, as well as the doilys, buttons and ribbon. Michele suggested a needle case and it was a lot of fun to design something of my own, but using what she had sent me. 
 First I tea stained the doilys to tone in with the fabric.....
This is what I came up with...
It opens up into 3 sections with pockets for needles, scissors etc...
As well as a piece of wool felt (under a doily piece) for pins and needles.
 There was just enough fabric left for a little zippered purse.
 This was so much fun and really made me think!!!! A little bit out of my comfort zone when you have to think of something yourself and not run out of what you've been sent.
Thanks for being my partner Michele and thanks also to Fee for organising this fun swap!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!


Edit: I received my parcel this afternoon from Michele with all my goodies!!! So love it all!!! Will be back tomorrow to show you what I received.

17 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What gorgeous gifts Teresa, you have done an amazing job......

Vicki said...

How imaginative you are! Looks great and I bet she is very happy with her gifts, Teresa :)
Hope your eyes are improving? XX

shez said...

how clever are you,its fantastic,well done.xx

katrien said...

You maked a lovely item with your parcel items.

Sarah said...

You sure are a clever gal Teresa! It looks wonderful!

Noela said...

As always Teresa, a beautiful use of what you were sent. I'm sure Michele loved it. Hugs....

Melody said...

Beautiful project. You are so creative.

De said...

Spotted these on Michele's blog! Love them! Cant wait to see what she made for you! :)

Susan said...

You have done an amazing job making your own design with Michele's fabric and doilies. Very clever and pretty.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh it gorgeous.... well done Teresa.

Cattinka said...

I like what you created, what a nice way to use a vintag doily!
KATRIN W.

Susan said...

Very clever Teresa

marina said...

beautiful way you have put them all together.

Mistea said...

Lovely - always good to have pretty things to work with.
I really like the way you used the pretty doilies in the project.
Enjoy creating.

KAYLEE said...

They look wonderful Teresa, well done.

Tatkis said...

It looks so beautiful! Fantastic!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Michele said...

Hi Teresa, HOW FUN WAS THAT :) Glad we got to meet over doily's and chocolates......