Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What Makes Me Happy

 Last week I finally got to catch up with my lovely friend Tatyana.... who incidentally I met through this amazing, wonderful world of blogging. We've been trying to catch up for ages, and in that time, Tatyana went back home to Russia for a few weeks. 
It was such a great day and so lovely to spend time with her. 
First we went for morning tea (breakfast for me!!) at this wonderful little tea shop right in the middle of the city. We had little pots of tea each (Chai for me) and delicious scones, jam and cream. It was delicious.
I wanted to show you the absolutely beautiful gifts Tatyana gave me....
From Moscow the most gorgeous thimbles....
 
Look at the amazing filligree work on this... isn't it beautiful?
 
And this one with the  hand painted roses. I think they are so beautiful and exquisite.
There was also this cute little fellow. Tatyana and I both love our owls, so this little one is very special.
 
There was also more gifts from my favourite little shop Typo... some Eiffel tower pegs and a cute little notebook. Thoroughly spoiled!!! Thank you sooooo much Tatyana.
We spent a few hours going through all the book stores and wonderful card and gift stores in the CBD. Just love the huge Dymocks in the city.. there is nothing like that where I live!
 In the afternoon I caught up with my son and his girlfriend who were also in the city. We had a lovely walk over the bridge to Southbank... The weather was amazing !! 27 degrees and perfect clear blue skies....
There we decided to have afternoon tea....
 At the wonderful Max Brenner restaurant.... yummo!!! Well this was sort of lunch!!!!
This was a new special that I thought I'd try...
The Euphoria Banana Split Waffle Sundae!
Sound good? It was DELICIOUS... that's caramelized pecans on the left side and gooey caramel sauce on the right. There wasn't much banana ha ha!!!!
 I've wanted one of these Alice Milkshake cups for ever and decided today was the day to buy it. 
Such a fabulous day with Tatyana, and the kids. Perfect weather, a beautiful city, delicious food, lots of fun things to do, wonderful conversation and so much fun chatting and catching up with Tatyana (we're both very good at that!).. Thanks guys - you made my day!!!

 Just thought I'd show you this picture of Squeaky... the whole time I was trying to take photos of the thimbles and little owl... this pesky feline kept photo bombing my pics. She just would not get out of the photos and tried very hard to be in every one of them. I love the look on her face...it's as if she's saying "What? don't you want me in the photo????" "Really???"
I just love her... even when she does this!
Hope you're having a wonderful, HAPPY day!!!
What's making you happy today?
  Have a good one!

9 comments:

Susan said...

I like your idea of morning and afternoon tea replacing some less interesting meals! Tatyana's thimbles are so beautiful - I think you could call yourself a collector now. Spring has sprung, and it looks beautiful in sunny Queensland.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such beautiful thimbles and I love your breakfast/morning tea...Yum! A lovely day by the looks of things.

Cattinka said...

And what does squeaky do if you want to take her picture? She probably will not hold still.
You had a lovely day, hope you can do that again soon.
KATRIN W.

KAYLEE said...

Love the thimbles Teresa, I have a lovely little collection of thimbles. I could have joined you (as I work in the CBD) for that yummy morning tea, maybe next time.

shez said...

gorgeous Thimbles and how nice to catch up and yummy food.xx

Val Spiers said...

The thimbles and owl are delightful. I love the owl sitting on a book. That waffle sundae looks yummy. It sure is nice to have some real warm weather.

Noela said...

I see what you mean about the food photos Teresa. Yummy. Also love your t-towel bag and the one you made for Sarah. Hugs......

Melody said...

Delicious looking food, family, a lovely friend, presses and squeaky too -such a lovely post

Tatkis said...

We had such a great time!
And I'm so glad you like the thimbles ;) I brought some for myself too.

Hugs,
Tatyana