Saturday, September 29, 2012

What Makes Me Happy (and a finish!)

Making me happy this week is lovely surprise parcels in the mail!!!
I was very lucky to receive, not one, but two lovely little surprise gifts this week from two of my lovely blogging friends... and it's not even my birthday!!!!
 Through blogging I have met some truly lovely friends over the years..... very thoughtful, wonderful friends.
My friend Tatyana has just come back from a trip to Sydney and found this gorgeous little thimble for me. We both love owls and I'm so glad she thought of me to send this....
 Isn't he just so cute? I love him and the card was gorgeous too.
Thank you so much Tatyana... my collection of thimbles has certainly got some beautiful thimbles in it - thanks to you!!!
On the same day (!!!!) I received another little parcel of goodies from my lovely friend Jan. 
Another beautiful card and the loveliest little fabric bag (which I just love) and a sweet embroidered butterfly.
I am so lucky to have such lovely, thoughtful friends.
 Jan's present was wrapped in this gorgeous fabric! Covered in Eiffel Towers... both friends know me very, very well!!!!
The piece of fabric was the perfect size to make this little bag. I love these bags... they are so handy and sturdy and nothing falls out....
I've made this for my toiletries for a trip I'm taking next week......
Thanks so much Jan... I didn't waste a single bit of the fabric!!!!!
 I've finished it off with an Eiffel Tower charm on the zip. I'm so happy with my little bag!
Another thing making me happy.......
It's just 5 sleeps until I see this boy of mine (the one on the right!!). My youngest son and I are flying to Sydney next week, getting picked up from the airport by my eldest who I haven't seen for 3 months. We are then heading to the beautiful Hunter Valley for my nieces wedding. 
I cannot wait!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend .....
and I hope something or someone is making you happy too..


21 comments:

Susan said...

Your little owl thimble is so cute, and I love the bag you made. Enjoy catching up with your boys, and the wedding.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosos trabajos!!!!! me encantan también los buhos, precioso dedal, besos

Lea said...

You are a genius when it comes to crafts. I love the bag! It is beautiful and I like the idea of the Eiffel tower charm on the zip. I'm happy for you and your son :)

Jan said...

You are so welcome, Teresa - and so quick! What a great project. Is that the same pattern you used for the bag you made me in our paper bag swap a few years ago? I use it all the time.

Maree: said...

Great use of the French fabric Love the Bag...sounds like you have a full on time coming up...I know you will be Pleased to see Your Son and I know I don't need to say...Enjoy.
Cheers

Chookyblue...... said...

love the bag you made.......prefect fabric for you........have fun in the hunter.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your bag is so sweet. Such lovely hooty cuteness as well as your other gifts. Have a ball at the wedding and I know you will love being with your boys.

Tatkis said...

I'm glad you like my owls :)
And this bag is fantastic!

Have a great time with your sons and at the wedding!

Hugs,
Tatyana

shez said...

such lovely gifts Teresa and have fun with your boys.xx

Melody said...

Beautiful gifts.

Fiona said...

Lovely gifties and I like the bag you made with the eiffel tower fabric... have a lovely wedding weekend...
Hugz

Allie said...

This post is overflowing with happiness, girl! I love that thimble, that darling little bag and the butterfly, and wow what you did with that fabric - awesome! And the perfect touch with the zipper pull!

Enjoy your time with your son - and the wedding!!!

Anthea said...

Teresa what lovely goodies, and so lovely from the travels of friends too, love the Eiffel Tower fabric... I've been reading your blog for a little while now, so I thought I'd better link up & Follow...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow love that bag Teresa...and how wonderful special time with your boys....lots of hugs coming up

marina said...

what lovely gifts. Your bag is so wonderful. The eiffel tower just tops it off!
How wonderful getting to see your boy.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh I looooove that Eiffel Tower bag...Have the most fun at the wedding!

Noela said...

Have a lovely time Teresa. Enjoy your boys company and your nieces wedding.
Hugs.....

Mistea said...

Lots of pretties in your mail box this week.
Lovely little bag you made with your new fabric.
Enjoy your trip.

Roseanne said...

Your little owl thimble is so cute. just love your toiletrie bag and of course the Eiffel Tower charm. Do hope you have a great trip to the wedding have a great time there.

Jantine said...

I really love your eiffel bag. The tower on the zipper is great!

KAYLEE said...

The bag is gorgeous Teresa, you didn't waste any time using that piece, The owl thimble is so cute. WOW 3 months, that seems to have flown but probably not for you. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the Wedding. Hugs Kaylee xo