Thursday, September 20, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 17.9.12

 Making me happy this week is spending the day with my family.
We were all finally able to get together at my Dad's house to celebrate my Dad's birthday and Fathers Day. 
It was wonderful, not only was my Dad there (of course) but my brother was up from Melbourne, and my sister and her daughters were there too. 
This little cutie is my niece's daughter who I don't get to see very often. She is gorgeous and such a little sweetie. We played together, colouring in and playing with my Dads (her great grandfather's) rocks and shells around the goldfish pond. I seriously could just pop her in the car and take her home with me... I actually tried to do that before she left!!! ha ha!!!
 
 This is my sister's youngest daughter and I love her to pieces. Both my nieces are like the daughters I never had and they are both such beautiful girls. What made this photo so special to me is that Maddi posted it to Instagram with the title "I love my Aunty". Makes my heart swell! It was really lovely to spend the time with all the girls...
 
 And the boys... oh yeah they were there too... My Dad and my brother as well as my hubby and youngest son.
 The boys hit the pool table!!!! and I'm sad to say that my pair lost to my Dad and brother!!!!
Such a great day... lots of time just sitting around the huge table and chatting and catching up.Dad and Maggie put on a lovely, delicious barbecue and lots of yummy fresh fruit for dessert. 
Too quickly these days are over..... but I look forward to the next family get together ... I hope it's soon.
What's making you happy this week? I hope you got to spend it with the people you love as well.

5 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy birthday to your Dad. Family time is very special. Lovely photos.

Noela said...

Looks Like you had a wonderful day catching up with your family. I had a great day yesterday with my sister. She is off to Paris, Mediterranean and Italy for 3 weeks. Wish I was going with her. Hugs....

Susan said...

I know what you mean about neices, they are extra pencil when you don't have a daughter. Looks like another great family get together.

Susan said...

Oops, you know I meant special not pencil. Darn auto correct!

Lea said...

I love spending time with my family, too. Nothing beats the fun!