Sunday, September 9, 2012

Some More Finishes.

 In my online blogging group, Friends in Stitching, it was my turn to send a surprise Birthday present to another member in my group. My partner was Leanne and she has just had her birthday. 
The theme this year for our birthday gifts is Grow, Cook and Eat.
I decided to make Leanne a recipe binder.   I used Anni Downs fabrics and put a twist on one of her blocks from the "My Favourite Things" quilt....
I shortened the cupcakes and changed the words in the stitching...to "Friends in Stitching recipes". For the first half of this year all of us have been contributing our favourite recipes to our blog and I thought this was a good idea to keep them all in.
 I printed out the recipes with some photos and filled the binder with them.
 I also made a potholder using the same cupcakes. Keeping with the theme I found some cute little cupcake toppers and a teapot biscuit cutter. The wooden cupcake I found in a scrapbooking shop and used it as a card on the present. Once you start looking... there are cupcakes everywhere!!!
So the Cook part was covered...
Eat... I found a nice bag of rock candy...
Grow... some sunflower seeds!
The theme for the gifts is a terrific idea and really makes you think. 
I enjoyed the challenge and putting Leanne's present together. 

Hope you're having a great day!

14 comments:

shez said...

gorgeous gifts .xx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So cute! What a great idea!

Susan said...

Great use of the applique design. It's a really beautiful, useful gift, I'm sure she'll love it.

Mistea said...

Perfect gifts for your theme.
Love all the cupcakes.

Maree: said...

What a Gorgeous Theme and the Reciepe Folder Is a Lovely Keepsake...Beautiful...I'm sure Leanne was Thrilled with her Goodies.
Cheers

Susan said...

What a lovely collection - love the adaptation of the cup cakes!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful gifts Teresa. Love yummy cupcakes.....lucky Leanne!

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Te quedó precioso!!!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

that is a great present for Leanne and perfect for the theme..........

Melody said...

Wow, you put together a fabulous present.

Fiona said...

Oh Teresa... that is just such a pretty set.... great idea...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Perfect gifts Teresa....you did a fantastic job and lucky Leanne....

Tatkis said...

Such a sweet and cosy set! Great idea, and Anni's farbics are so cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Jantine said...

Lovely present, very thoughtful too!