Monday, September 3, 2012

Fun TeaTowel Challenge Swap

 My on-line group Friends in Stitching have just had another swap. This was a real challenge - make your partner a bag using a tea towel. I didn't realise how many gorgeous tea towels there were out there until I started looking.
This is the gorgeous bag my partner Vicki made for me. I absolutely love it. Vicki knows how much I love all things French (and she does too!) and found the perfect tea towel for my bag. 
She's added plastic on the outside and inside the fabric is just gorgeous.....
 It's so big and roomy and I've been using it every day since I received it. Lucky, lucky me!
 Even the little card and envelope are beautiful.
I'm thrilled to bits with my bag.. thanks so much Vicki. This was another wonderful swap with this wonderful group of ladies.
Now the bag I made for my partner...
 My partner was Sarah and after meeting her "in real life" this year in Sydney, I found out she loves owls... So I was on the lookout for a tea towel with owls on it.
When I saw this I knew it was the one! I also knew exactly how I wanted to make the bag, so having 12 owls on the tea towel also fitted in with the plan.
I was really happy with the way it turned out.
  This was a great swap, I really enjoyed the challenge and the way the bag turned out... but I was even happier when I received the bag Vicki made for me. 
On to the next challenge I say... "Red and White".
 Have a great day!
Teresa xx


19 comments:

shez said...

both bags are gorgeous Teresa,what a fun swap.xx

Fiona said...

They are both gorgeous Teresa - There are some gorgeous tea towels out there now - Way too nice to actually dry dishes on LOL.

Hugs - Fee X

Karen said...

I think you have both done a great job with your bags. A wonderful swap.

Chookyblue...... said...

great bags both sent and received.........

Lynda said...

They are both fabulous Teresa and perfect choices for you and Sarah.

Lynda said...

They are both fabulous Teresa and perfect choices for you and Sarah.

Jantine said...

What a fun swap, love the idea! The bags turned out great, both of them! I can see you walking around with this beautiful bag. How smart to add plastic!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a fantastic swap Teresa...both bags are fantastic

Jo in TAS said...

Gorgeous bags Teresa! I'll have to see if I can find a Tassie Tea towel with place names on it!

Susan said...

Both bags are gorgeous. Your French one is amazing - Vicki really did her homework.

marina said...

what gorgeous bags! You girls have definitely vamped up those tea towels.

Fiona said...

They are both lovely bags... it has been fun seeing such pretty tea towels being used...
Hugz

katrien said...

Great bags.

Roseanne said...

Sarah Just love the bag you made her. She brought it a long to the Cherry Shed to show us all I just love it to.

Val Spiers said...

Great bags. Using tea towels is such a good idea.

Maree: said...

Both bags are Lovely...Great idea putting the plastic over the material..yours is a Great size.
Cheers

Mistea said...

The bags are perfect.
Love those owls and your black and white one.
Enjoy.

Tatkis said...

Both bags are wonderful! I can't even decide which one I like best :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Both are gorgeous bags love Paris :))