Friday, September 14, 2012

Delicious Strawberry Oatmeal

 My absolute favourite breakfast is bircher. I had it for the first time at a quilt retreat a few years ago and I just couldn't get enough of it. Yesterday I found this wonderful little recipe on Chantelle's fabulous blog Fat Mum Slim. It is similar in that it's oats soaked in milk and greek yoghurt overnight, and ready to eat the next morning. 
I loved that it's full of delicious strawberries, and they are so yummy at the moment.
It's such a lovely, delicious, and very healthy breakfast. Best of all you put all the ingredients in a jar in the fridge the night before - and when you get up in the morning and are racing around the house, like a crazy person, because you're late for work... it's completely ready to go... you could even eat it straight out of the jar.  However I did put in a bowl to make it look nice for the photo this morning.
You definitely should go and check out Chantelle's blog and try this recipe... It's so good for you... oats, skim milk, low fat greek yoghurt, strawberries...Very healthy! and it fills you up. She has lots of other lovely recipes to try there too!
Hope you had a great day!!!!

7 comments:

Lea said...

Glad to have found a healthy and delicious food at the same time. :)

Susan said...

Healthy food that looks good. Yum!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looks yum:-)

Fiona said...

I've never heard of bircher... this does sound lovely....
Hugz

Melody said...

Sounds and looks delicious

Cath said...

Oh yum, I just love bircher muesli. I grate a green apple into my overnight mixture and then add dried cranberries and fresh blueberries just before serving. I can't wait to try it with stawberries.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds so good I might try that in the morning...thanks Teresa..xx