Saturday, September 22, 2012

Baby Sewing and a Swap


 It has been a great day today.... lots of glorious sunshine, so all the washing is washed and dried.... a wonderful, long telephone call from James this morning (hard to believe he's sitting there surrounded in snow and the sun is shining brightly here!)....some sewing was done and a baby gift has been (finally) finished... and one of my favourite bands has just released their new album - so I've been listening to it all day.
 I was looking for an owl tutorial the other day and came across this gorgeous little fellow, used for a soft toy and for a baby's bib. As my friend has just become a Grandmother I thought this was something cute to make for the baby.
I found the tutorial and pattern for the bib HERE on Stubbornly Craftys blog. Lovely and easy to make and something a little bit different.
I've lined the back with some lovely, soft flannel fabric.
 
See what happens the second I take my sewing machine cover off my machine?? Cookie finds it very comfortable and turns it into a bed. No wonder it always looks a bit crushed!
Another thing I am up to at the moment is a doiley swap. As soon as I saw Fee's post about a swap involving doileys, I knew it was something I wanted to do.
This photo (above) is what I've sent my partner:
A fat quarter of fabric, 2 doileys (embroidered and crocheted), a metre of ribbon and 6 buttons.
And this is what my partner has sent to me. My partner is Michelle from the Christmas Beetle.
Now what am I going to make Michelle out of her lovely fabric and doileys?????
I will show you soon what I come up with as this is a pretty quick swap and we only have a couple of weeks till we have to post the surprise back to our partners. Should be fun!
And no post is finished without a food photo.... 
I love this recipe for Banana Sour Cream Cake that I got from the gorgeous Chooky Blue. It has become a firm favourite in this house. I love that the recipe makes 2 cakes - not that either one of them lasts that long.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
The weather is getting a lot warmer, but not too hot yet...and blue, blue skies.. just lovely. 
What are you up to today????

19 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cute baby gifts Teresa...my boys use to love the Banana Sour Cream cake...x

marina said...

very cute bib, can't wait to see what you make out of the doilie swap items.
Lovely pics in your thursday post too.

katrien said...

Very cute the baby sewing.I will look at the turtorial.I will be grandmom begin nov.

Sarah Lou said...

oh my! just adorable!! I think lulu might need some of them in her future!!!!!

Lea said...

Those are REALLY cute stuffs. Lucky babies! Maybe Cookie thinks you made the cover as a bed for him (or her). Cookie looks very relaxed and comfy.

Looking forward to your doiley project :)

De said...

Cute baby gift! You are making for the lovely Michele! Cant wait to see what you decide.......I have a few ideas of what to make for my partner but will wait til I have the doilys and fabric to see if they are suitable!

Noela said...

Lovely bib Teresa. Will look forward to seeing what you do with the doilies. Did you see my posts about Evans Head. We had a doily challenge and some of the items made were fantastic. Check them out if you get time. Hugs....

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a cute little hootie. Looking forward to seeing what your treasure turns into. Cake looks yummy.

Susan said...

What a cute little bib. Even small projects are good finishes, especially when it's for a new baby. Enjoy your spring weekend.

Fiona said...

how cute is that bib... thanks for the link....
the doilies and fabric look fun...
Hugz

Mistea said...

Very cute bib idea, love the colours you used.
Nice doily things - looking forward to seeing what you make with those pretties.
Enjoy Sunday.

Cubby House Crafts said...

cute little bib!!!
your baking looks yum!!!
Lisa

Joy said...

Oh that Owl bib is just darling!!! I think I should make a couple of those for our Maxie ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Lynda said...

That is the cutest bib. Your Dad's Father's Day looked to be perfect.

Jeanette said...

Love the bib. I spotted it somewhere & was going to search for a pattern. My daughter loves owls & i was going to make her some. Thanks for posting the link. Hugs,

Chookyblue...... said...

so glad you enjoy that cake..........I need to make some before next Saturday....

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Oh that is so cute. Did you make one for later????

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Tatkis said...

Ooohhh, this owl bib is so extremely cute! Hope to see what your swap would become soon!

Tatyana xx

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Oh very cute bib