Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Little Swap with Jan

My lovely friend Jan (Little Red Hen blogspot) and I had a little swap this year. It was a surprise swap with no distinct rules....
I received my gorgeous parcel of goodies last week and I was absolutely thrilled to bits with what Jan made and sent to me.
 This wonderful little quilt says "Vintage" and is just beautiful. I love the design and the fabrics and colours... Jan knows me really well.
 Inside there were other goodies and one of them was a beautiful lavender sachet. I could smell the lavender scent as soon as I opened the parcel and now my house is filled with the scent. Just lovely. There was also a great little bag pattern and gorgeous notebook. Even the card was so beautiful... and so perfect.
Thank you so much Jan for the wonderful surprise and all the loveliness.
 This is the table runner I made for Jan. It's from one of the Art to Heart books (Cottage Charms) and I've used (mostly) Nancy Halvorsen fabrics. I love this range of fabrics - so soft and pretty.
Very "Spring" ha ha..
This made me remember how much I love blanket stitch... maybe this is why my "Favourite Things Quilt" is taking so long - Needleturn!!!!!
Thank you so much for the swap fun Jan... I really hope you like your table runner... 
I love my little quilt. xx

13 comments:

shez said...

what a wonderful lot of goodies you got teresa and wow the table runner that you made is awesome,well done.xx

katrien said...

Lovely swap.
Your table runner is very nice.

marina said...

what gorgeous goodies!
Love you runner too. Looks so pretty with the basket of flowers on the ends.

Fiona said...

such a pretty parcel you got and I love the runner you made... so pretty... I love blanket stitch too ...
Hugz

Sandi said...

What a score....very nice...very interested in the lavender sachet..can u bring it next week...love your table runner...

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely goodies for both of you

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow Teresa what a fantastic swap....love your runner.....

Jan said...

I LOVE the runner you made for me, Teresa; it's on my dining table and it always makes me smile. Thank you so much for agreeing to this little swap; I enjoyed it so much.

*karendianne. said...

What pretties you received from your friend, Jan. She's very thoughtful and knows you well. Obviously made with love. Your table runner is like - OMG! Out of this world. LOVE IT.

Maree: said...

Lovely swap between you both...Nice Idea.
Cheers

Noela said...

I have some of the same fabrics Teresa. Bought them when Tereasa had the shop at Jimboomba. Have enough for a quilt but not sure when it will get made. Love your table runner. Hugs....

Tatkis said...

Wow, absolute charming gifts - swaps are so fun!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely gifts sent and received. I love Art to Heart books. Love the table runner and the little birdie embrodiery just so sweet.