Monday, August 20, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 16.8.12

 
Making me happy this week is going to our annual Brisbane Show... The Royal Queensland Agricultural Show.... fondly known as The Ekka!!!
 There is so much to see and do there, and I love to soak it all up.
We do it all....We start off every year doing the Adventure Trail which is a great way to discover new places at the Ekka that you wouldn't normally go to. It takes you around the whole show with lots of lovely food to try and other freebies to collect as well.
 
A huge favourite is the animal nursery.. I could spend hours here.
As well as the nursery, there are the animal pavilions and I just love checking out the dogs.
 
There is also the wonderful cakes, paintings, crafts, photography and artworks to see. 
And the quilts never disappoint. I was thrilled to see this Dear Jane quilt there.
Love getting up close and seeing the detail and the quilting. 
 Of course there is always the rides, showbags and sideshow alley.....
 Full of colour and noise.
 Then there's the food.... and the strawberry ice creams were just as good as I remember. They are so delicious. 
To top it off is the ring events in the evening. We always get a good seat just before they start... one of us takes off to get some dinner (this year it was steak sandwiches and chips)... then we sit back and enjoy the show. Of course the BEST part is the fireworks. This year they went for twice as long and I am like a little kid when there is fireworks.. It was wonderful. 
I have been going to the show for as long as I can remember and it never disappoints. It really makes you feel like a kid again and I have so many fond memories of the show from over the years. 
Ahhhh... that's the show over again for another year. 
It was so much fun.
Hope you're having a wonderful Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Susan said...

You look like a little kid having fun - lovely to see. Always great skills on display at the Show.

marina said...

how wonderful that your show still delivers the goods, our melbourne royal has gone downhill. We used to love going but now avoid it!
Your pics are wonderful and happy.

Susan said...

Oh Teresa - your post makes me want to go - I am only ever tempted by the quilts and the cakes - and the fireworks - love fireworks. Maybe next year . . . .I haven't been since my girls were very young. :-(

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Teresa...looks like a great show...so pleased you had such a good time

Cath said...

Great pics Teresa, I especially love the showrides one. We saw the Great Danes on the day we were there.....I just love Great Danes so was in my element. I am so looking forward to going again next year!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Cathy said...

You sure had a wonderful time! Your pics are great...I love the shows too!!

Allie said...

You do look as though you were having fun! That sounds like a wonderful event.

Tatkis said...

It was a wonderful event!
And have you seen the second Dear Jane quilt? ;))

Hugs,
Tatyana