Monday, July 30, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 30.7.12

 Making me happy this week is a new project... 
I have been looking at Rosalie Quinlan's new quilt "Scandinavian Rose" and finally made the decision to buy it. I love that it is already printed for me ... and on gorgeous white linen. I love everything Rosalie designs and I can't wait to make a start on this - After I've finished a few secret swap presents that I have to finish first.
Unfortunately everything I've been working on and sewing this month are all part of swaps or birthday presents and I have to keep under wraps still.... Not long now until I can show you them. I am in a swap that challenges you to make a bag for your partner - out of a tea towel!!! It has really made me look outside the square, but it has also made me realise just how many gorgeous tea towels are available to us.
 I am also enjoying the Olympic Games. The Opening Ceremony was wonderful and I managed to watch almost all of it - thanks to waking up early and not being able to get back to sleep.. I must have known I was meant to watch it.  I love all the events, but especially the swimming, diving, gymnastics, soccer and tennis. I love the stories that come from the games, all the courage, determination and hard work of our athletes, all the encouragement and support from us back home.. spurring them on. I love it all.
 
Also this week my husband and I were lucky enough to catch up with some friends of ours that we've known for  many, many years. They've been telling us of this wonderful restaurant, near Southbank and we finally made it there... I've never tried Turkish food before... and after a wonderful night at Ahmets Turkish Restaurant.. I'm hooked. The atmosphere of this place was amazing.. the colour and richness of the decor, the delicious food, wonderful service and superb entertainment.. made this such a brilliant night out.
 We had the Sultans Feast and I definitely recommend it. Four courses, from Turkish bread and dips to Turkish delight and coffee - with lots of meat dishes and salads in between. The food was amazing..... as was the entertainment....
 She belly danced her way around the entire restaurant and no one missed out on her beautiful dances and energy. It was a lot of fun... especially when a few tried to get up and dance as well as she did. The atmosphere was incredible and you can see why this restaurant has won so many awards. 
What's making you happy this Monday?
I hope you have a wonderful week...

7 comments:

Karen said...

That's a great project to choose. Have a love time with that embroidery.
I can see a few late nights and early mornings coming along this next 2 weeks with the Olympics. We do have to make the most of it.
Hope you get some sleep.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A great post Teresa! The quilt is going to be gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed the Opening Cereming...it was just like a magical story! Have fun watching the Games!

Susan said...

I've been drooling over that pattern too - and as you say - its already printed - ready to go with a bit of backing. I love Turkish food too.

Joy said...

LOVE the new pattern from Rosalie ... looking forward to watching your progress ;o). We went to Ahmets at Viccy Point a few years ago and loved it too, fabulous atmosphere and delish food :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)
PS ... Had the BEST weekend up in Bundy with Jen and the girls ;o)!!

Cardygirl said...

Looks like a great night out...I love Turkish! The project looks fabulous!

Melody said...

Lucky you - Turkish food is so delicious. It will be wonderful to watch your next project grow.

Mistea said...

Turkish is always delicious and fun.
Pretty new project hope you get to start it soon.
Enjoy