Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Turtle Tuesday

I think I finally understand why everyone is in love with hexagons and why you see them popping up everywhere in Blogland. Last week Helen and I were watching our fellow stitcher, Sandi, making tiny hexagons and stitching them together. She was making Anni Downs Turtle pincushion. We decided then and there that our next Tuesday stitching day (today) we would make our turtles too and today would be known as Turtle Tuesday.
I have to say that it was a lot of fun (even though there was a bit of fiddling with the hexes at first) and very, very therapeutic. We managed to get our shells finished and now a bit of sewing of the head and feet, some stuffing, and they should be finished. I really enjoyed seeing it all come together. 
 There is nothing so wonderful as motivation and encouragement from your sewing buddies and our Stitching Get Togethers every week.

Hope you had a super day too!
Teresa x

24 comments:

marina said...

You have succumbed to the hexies! Your turtle looks great.
Love your new stitchery project, very tempting too.
Sounds like a great restaurant too.

Susan said...

Oh I'm jealous. Love the idea of Turtle Tuesday, and your little hexies look so good. Good luck with turning and stuffing the tiny bits.

De said...

Definitely a Turtle kind of day. So cute!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

So cute Teresa...I love your Tuesdays. I'm sure if I was closer I would pop in and say hi! I spy an Eiffel Tower on your turtle!

Cattinka said...

The turtle looks like a fun project to make, and it is even better if you can do it together with your friends.
KATRIN W.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Careful they are very addictive. Your little turtles are so cute and it is a wonderful pattern. Nothing like stitching with friends.

Lynda said...

Looking so good Teresa. Had a bit of difficulty turning the tail ... hope you don't.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the turtles.......must get one this weekend at Anni's.......

Cardygirl said...

Super cute and lots of fun!

Mistea said...

Lovely house already for its new owner.
Enjoy making your turtle.

katrien said...

Love the turtle pincushion.

katrien said...

Love the turtle pincushion.

Fiona said...

such a gorgeous little pincushion... I love the idea of you all doing it together....
Hugz

Merilyn said...

The turtle pincushion is very cute, and yes enjoying sewing with friends is the best way to stay motivated!!! I've been working on some very small hexies too just lately, but I can't share them yet as they are gifties, soon though.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They are addictive...LOL...love the turtles...

retdairyqueen said...

Very cute Teresa xx

Anthea said...

Ah I love a good hexy! This turtle is just gorgeous, beautifully done Teresa... And I love the sound of getting together with friends to stitch...

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Looks fantastic

Chrissie said...

Sounds like fun especially shared with friends

PatchJoana said...

Oi Teresa, obrigada por mostrar como se faz esta tartaruguinha.
Beijo
Joana

Lynny said...

love that little creature ...hugs

Cathy said...

Mmmm food for thought...Leanne and I have stitching on a Tuesday....maybe we could copy your idea?? I love the little guys!! Cathyxx

KAYLEE said...

Your turtle looks great Teresa, I have never made hexies either, will have to check a tutorial and give them a go...

Jantine said...

I shouldn't have read your entries last one first, then I would have known the answer on my question straight away ;-)...