Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Roller Coaster

What a roller coaster the last week has been! Nothing has been "normal" around here for days and the highs and lows of the week are finally coming to a close. I have been so excited to have James home after 6 months away in the UK. To raise the excitement even more, my Mum has been here, close enough to visit.... my brother has been up from Melbourne, and my Dad is back from a 2 month trip to the NT... So much family, but so little time to see everyone. Don't worry, I crammed as much family time as I could into the time I had!!!!
It was so good to have James home, but we only had him here for 2 days. He is now on his way to Perisher to work in the snowfields as he did last year. He'll be away for another 3 months. Those 2 days were crazy!
 There was so much to do before he headed off again and luckily I had those days off work so I could do all that running around with him.
 All the family got together for dinner the first night he arrived, and poor James was so jet lagged, but he did stay awake for dinner... He slept in the car on the way home though. I just had to take a photo of my mum with the Hogs Breath Cafe Hog!!! It was a great night and I was able to catch up with my Dad as well.
 
Earlier in the week I caught up with my brother for lunch and we had a wonderful day together. I took this photo of him along the Kangaroo Point Cliffs and the view was fantastic.
 One of the loveliest things about James homecoming was this...
He hadn't been home more than 15 minutes and the boys had their guitars out and playing together. I didn't realise how much I miss the boys singing and playing their guitars. I just love it when they get together and do this. At least they got the chance on his first day here... the second day was just chaotic!!!!
He's still driving today to get to Perisher, so I can't wait to hear from him when he gets there.
Even though all the time with my family was short, it was also precious and I loved every second of it. However it is leaving me a little flat today......
Those roller coaster highs and lows certainly take it out of me!!!
Hopefully I will be back to normal (as normal as I can be!!) soon... and actually do some sewing and stitching! 
I also wanted to thank everyone who sent all the lovely wishes and left comments to enjoy having James home. I really appreciate you taking the time to say so many lovely, warm things and it is really appreciated.
Thank you!!!
Have a great week!

13 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow, WHAT a week - maybe you need a pick me up coffee with your Mum??
OR, I could make myself one and you could too and we could pretend we're chatting somewhere in the sun!!

Fiona said...

I can hear the joy in your words - It sounds like some gorgeous memory making family time was had.

Hugs - Fee X

Lynda said...

Maybe it's time for you and Michael to go on a little roadtrip.

Susan said...

Sounds like such a great few days - give yourself a day off and relax - you'll be back and bubbling before long I'm sure.

De said...

What a wonderful two days and so fantastic that your Mum and brother could share it as well as your Dad being home. xoxo

marina said...

sounds like it is either a feast or famine for you.
Love the photos of the boys playing guitar together. My no2 son plays guitar and I love it when he plays.
Hope you get back to your usual self soon. Before you know it you will be altogether in one place again.

Susan said...

Sounds like a wonderful, happy time. Your post really made me feel your happiness.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You were one excited Mummy...wonderful post thanks for sharing...these boys of ours make our lives perfect....!!!!!

Karen said...

It is delightful to read that you are making the most of every minute. That's the way it should be with family!

Allie said...

Your boys are gorgeous. Your whole family is! Can't believe he was only home for two days before leaving again, yikes, roller coaster is right!

Marilyn said...

Such a wonderful time having so many family occasions crammed into such a short time. It does leave us feeling like that puss cat - rather flat and exhausted. Hoping James has had a safe trip to Perisher and that he enjoys himself there again. At least he is in Aus this trip.

Noela said...

Glad you had a lovely time with your family. I have my grandson this weekend as his Dad is away at a conference. First time catching up with him since the school holidays. Movies and lots of indoor activities I think. Hugs....

KAYLEE said...

All sounds wonderful Teresa, you sure were able to cram a lot into your days. I know whay you mean about the highs and lows, I hope you are feeling good now. Hugs xx