Monday, June 4, 2012

What Makes Me Happy Monday 4th June

I'd better just warn you that this post is very photo heavy... You may want to grab a cuppa before you start!! Yesterday I had the most wonderful day! I spent it with lots of other bloggers at a Blogger Meet at Cleveland. 
What an amazing, generous, wonderful, happy bunch of women!!!
It was such a great, fun day.. So much laughing, chatting, sharing, and did I mention.. laughing??
I can't believe we stretched our lunch out to 5 hours... and I'm very glad we didn't get kicked out for all the noise and laughing that was going on. ... Lots and lots of cameras and photo taking too... The other people around us must have thought there was someone famous at our table.. You should have seen us all taking photos. 
I had met everyone there before, except for these 2 lovely ladies... Fiona (Bubz Rugz) and Michelle (Rag Tag Stitching) It was wonderful to finally meet you both in person.
We had "Show and Tell" and the quilts were just amazing. Susan's "My Favourite Things" quilt so far. I love the colours in this.
 
 When Susan made her own "Design Wall" to show off her finished blocks..it sent us all off on another fit of laughter.
 
As you can see by the photos... It was a very fun day and the laughter just went on and on..
This is the gorgeous Marilyn with her "show and tell" quilt.
 
Fiona's version of "My Favourite Things".. Love, love, love those jeans!
 How gorgeous is Susan's block... I want those shoes!
 And talking about shoes... De was showing off her new shoes and I love them too!!!
 Michelle's beautiful blocks... just amazing! The flowers were incredible.
 Michelle, Me and my wonderful friend Helen (Thank you soooooo much for driving us out there xx)
Michelle is very talented and designs the most beautiful stitcheries... we were all very lucky to go home with 2 of her stitcheries, a sewing angel and a really cute owl.
 
Fiona... taking a photo of me, taking a photo of Fiona.. ha ha (With Noela and Susan)
 
How thoughtful and generous....
Mary (Scottish Nanna) made everyone of us a gift.. The little suits were adorable and turned into 2 tea towels? Very clever and a lovely surprise. I don't want to open mine, I want to keep it just as it is!
 Mary also made this very cute doll and Cheryl was lucky enough to win it..
 The food at the Grandview Hotel is really delicious and I can't help thinking this bowl of Caesar Salad is bigger than Helen!!!!
Now I took lots of photos, some of them didn't turn out (I was probably shaking too much from laughing!!) and I can't put them all up. So I'm sorry if I missed out on anyone and all the other "show and tell" quilts and I am especially sorry I didn't get any photos of Helen's "Earl Grey:" blocks.
Well, it truly was the BEST day ... and as you can see in the smiles on our faces, we all had a ball. 
Thank you all so much for coming and spending the day together.. We all should have more days like this in our lives.
Thank you for your company, your laughter, your generosity, and most importantly...
your friendship.
Hope you are all having a very Happy Monday.

21 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for sharing your day out - lovely photos of lovely, happy friends!

Scottish Nanna said...

Hi Teresa,Lovely photos I had A great Day.It was nice to meet everyone.and have A good giggle,
Hugs Mary.x

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you did post that pic..........LOL......does De know yet........lol.....a wonderful day all together..........loved all the show and tell.........

10 sleeps.........

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Great photos of a great weekend by the looks of it :) Love those shoes too and thoseeeee stockings :) Gorgeous xx

marina said...

just looking at your pics makes me happy and I can imagine the great time you all had together!
Wonderful.

De said...

LOL! Yes De knows! It was such a fabulous day!

Noela said...

What a lovely blog post Teresa. I had such a great day and the company was fantastic. Can't wait till the next one. Hugs....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely post Teresa and it was such a fun day....loved every minute. It was so lovely to meet you in 'real time' Can't wait for the next one.

shez said...

i so wish i was there Teresa,what a wonderful group of ladies and what wonderful pics.xx

Susan said...

Beautifully posted Teresa. It really was such a great day - and I'm so glad so many of us could get it together to meet up, really get to know each other and do a bit of Show & Tell.

Marilyn said...

It truly was such a wonderful day. Thank you for sacrificing your sleep time to come out for the day, hope you survived your work last night. They say laughter is good for our souls so we should all be bursting out after the fun we had.

Cattinka said...

It looks like you had a fun day. And if you would like to know what made me happy today, check your Email.
Hugs
KATRIN W.

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing all these great photos of some very familiar bloggers ,I haven't had the pleasure to meet them but they feel like family and it is so nice to see pictures of them smiling and happy , enjoying the day together . So many lovely show and ell items too , wow a great day all around for you and your friends.

Fiona said...

It was so fantastic to meet you and the others Teresa.... you are just as lovely as you come across in your blog.... my cheeks were sore when I left.... till next time...
Hugz

Lynda said...

What a fabulous day and wonderful photos.

Allie said...

Your pictures are so great - oh how I'd love to meet you all!!! I'm jealous, lol! You all just like the funnest bunch ever. I LOVE Michelle's flower basket block, *swoon*, and Marilyn's garden quilt, oh heck I love it all!!!

retdairyqueen said...

I'm with Shez Wish I had been there
Loved the whole post

KAYLEE said...

Looks like lots of fun had by all. I would loved to have been there, maybe next time....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a wonderful day you all had, fantastic photos....

Mistea said...

Love that you had a 5 hour lunch without being evicted. Looks like a lot of fun and I can see why you are still happy.
That salad sure does look bigger than Helen!
Thanks for sharing.

Lea said...

Teresa this is just a wonderful post. I can feel your joy reading it.