Monday, June 25, 2012

What Makes me Happy 25th June 2012

Making me happy this week is Friendship! 
Friends who make you laugh, who love the same things you do, who make you feel comfortable. 
Friends, although you've never met.... make you feel like you've been friends all your life.
I have been blogging friends with Wendy for a few years now. As she lives in North Queensland, the chances of running into each other are pretty remote. Last week, Wendy was on a holiday on the Gold Coast and we finally got the chance to meet in person. 
She is so lovely and I really did feel like I've known her for ever...
 Lucky for me, two other wonderful friends came too.....
Marilyn and Joy... two more blogging friends that I have had the luck to already meet.
We had so much fun!!!
 We met up at the Ferry Road Markets, in Southport. I have never been there before and the place is just amazing. So many wonderful gift shops, delis, restaurants, kitchen shops... I will definitely be going back there again!
As you can see... we had a LOT of fun. The above photo just makes me laugh every time I look at it. This phone plugs into your iphone so you can talk on it like this!!!!! We just cracked up!
 
The smiles just say it all...We laughed and chatted all day.
  Of course, being on the Gold Coast... fresh seafood for lunch was the go...delicious!
 Gorgeous Wendy had surprise gifts for us all... so spoilt... so happy!
The little roly poly doll is actually a pen. She is so cute and I love all the other little "French" inspired goodies Wendy gave me. Fabric, tissues and a beautiful Cameo. This was so unexpected and just shows how gorgeous this girl is.
We found this amazing card stand in one of the shops and one stand in particular had some very funny (and naughty) cards... We were reading them all, laughing so hard and I thought we might actually get kicked out of the shop ha ha... Such a great day!
Joy found this card for me and I knew it had to come home.. I'm thinking of framing it!
Very apt as today James is in Paris for a few days.... so jealous.. . but also so happy he is getting the chance to see such a beautiful place and spend some time there.
Thank you sooooo much Wendy, Marilyn and Joy for spending the day together with me and turning it into such a fun, fabulous day...
What's making you happy today?
Hope you are finding something that makes you happy.

12 comments:

Susan said...

Reading your blog has made me happy today. And that my 13 year old son will still kiss me on the cheek outside school.

De said...

So glad you had such a great time!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like another perfect outing...great photos

shez said...

i love this post teresa, its so you, happy ,bubbly and all about friendships.xx

Vicki said...

What a great week you have had, Teresa!!

Fiona said...

Great post Teresa... it has been a blogmate month ....
Hugz

Mistea said...

Looks like too much fun all round.
Lucky you getting to meet and shop with wonderful friends.
No wonder you are happy.
Love the card - personally I'd be happy if my hair behaved!
Enjoy the week.

marina said...

makes me want to laugh too looking at all of you laughing and carrying on.
How wonderful that you all enjoyed yourselves so much!
Well done girls!

Joy said...

That was such a fun day!!! My cheeks are still sore from all the laughing :D.
Big hugs,
Joy :o)

Merilyn said...

What a lovely post Teresa!!! Looks as though you had a great day!!!!

Maree: said...

Glad you All had a Great Day..I must check out those markets myself they are very close to my work...
cheers

Susan said...

Looks like you had a ball!