Saturday, June 23, 2012

Purchases from Sydney Craft Fair

 I've finally got around to photographing my purchases from the Sydney Craft Fair. I'm so happy with what I bought, especially as I managed to get everything on my "wish list".
Of course Anni Downs new book was high on that list... but the kits that she was selling were too hard to pass up as well. I can't wait to make the little turtle pincushion.

We were laughing when we discovered that between Helen, Jenny and myself with all our purchases from Anni's stall we could set up a stall of our own.... we had so many lovely things! More kits from earlier books and also 2 fat 1/4s of Anni's new Christmas fabric. It's pink and gorgeous!

The kits are brilliant as they contain just about everything you need, including buttons and trims. I'm itching to start on these....
2 Japanese fat 1/4s (the blue has cute little owls on it) and a fabulous lacy zip.
Cute little notebook and key charm kit from Marg Lowe. Adorable owl purse and a gorgeous lace purse and embellishment pack from Miss Rose Sister Violet ... I loved this stall so much, I could have bought everything on it.
Love this vintage bag with the birds on it. This was a "had to buy" as I couldn't carry everything that I'd bought lol!!! I found this cute little blue willow tin and it just jumped in my bag!

Some fabric.... cupcakes and vintage cupcake panel, some measuring tape (love this stuff) with cms and inches... and some cute twine.(love this stuff too!)
Beautiful charms.... the middle Eiffel Tower is full of bling....
The cute little sewing machine is actually a thimble (just for show of course)
See? I told you it was a thimble.
My new mini quilt holder... This was on my :"definitely have to find" list...
How could I resist these?.... Eiffel Tower scissors from the Scissor Man (perfect for my French inspired Stitchery case)... I'm hoping to turn the smallest charm into a fob to attach to the scissors.
I also bought not one, not two, but three scarves!!! They were so lovely and soft and lacey... and being so light - perfect for Queensland winters.
Phew.... What a haul!!! Can't wait to make a start on those kits.... have already been wearing the scarves...quilt holder is up, waiting to be filled....AND fabrics are away waiting for the "right" project to come along. 
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

24 comments:

Sunnybec said...

Oh Wow! Didn't you do well!! I bet it was like Christmas. xxxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow is the word....lovely purchases....we did buy some very similar goodies.....xx

Kylie said...

Wow Teresa you did shop up big. Love all those gorgeous charms an the scarfs are beautiful. Looks like you had a great time - so sorry I did not get to meet you. xxx

Fiona said...

You found some such lovely projects and treasures.... fun, fun, fun....
Hugz

shez said...

love them all Teresa what wonderful buys,i also Miss sister voilet stand also,oh i cant wait to got to the melbourne one,well done on your lovely purchases Teresa.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

lol.........great shopping.......between all of us bloggers I am sure we would have a pretty well stocked Anni Downs stall......

katrien said...

Whaawww you buyed lovely things.
And now working on it.Have a lot of pleasure with it.
hugs from Belgium.

retdairyqueen said...

Have you got any money left Over time for you I think!!
Lovely puchases

Kayly said...

Don't think I'll show my purchases now..they'll look very unexciting compared with your horde...would have loved to see you trying to pack all that lot safely into a suitcase.

Mistea said...

Beautiful loot you collected. Sure is a pretty bag you got to hold your purchases.
Looking forward to some creative action shots soon.
Enjoy

Lynda said...

Not too shabby haul of goodies there Teresa. Happy sewing.

Tatkis said...

Wow, so many beautiful purchases!
Anni's creations are so lovely - congrats! And all those Eiffel towers :)
I love this vintage thimble - absolutely cute :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Maree: said...

Your List was longer than Mine..lol
Lovely lot of Goodness you have to play with...
cheers

Susan said...

Great shopping. So many lovely kits and bits and pieces. Isn't it fun to go through it all a week later and relive all the excitement.

marina said...

what gorgeous treasures!!
There is enough to keep you busy for a while.

Cattinka said...

Oh boy, your brought home beautiful stuff! And I bet you will turn the material into beautiful projects!
KATRIN W.

Merilyn said...

Wow! you did have fun Teresa!!! All your purchases are just lovely, I love the Eiffel tower scissors and charms, also those scarves are divine!!! Nice work, enjoy your loot!!!!

Cath said...

oh my, I am virtually green with envy!!! The Sydney Craft show will have to go on my list of things to do next year!

Anthea said...

That's a fabulous collection of goodies, happy stitching! Love the Tower scissors

Susan said...

Wow - that sure is a great collection - such pretty things - love that tiny tin too.

DAWNIE said...

oh such lovely things. Anni's things look v e r y familiar - I too couldnt pass up. Oh wow if I had seen those Eiffel tower scissors I would have had to have them too. I didnt get to the scissor man but these look very similar to ones that i have had my eye on too. Love all of you purchases and wow the owls,, just as well I didnt see these two they are gorgeous.

Noela said...

Did you have to pay extra to get back on the plane Teresa? You did very well with your purchases. Can't wait to see them when they are complete. Hugs...

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Teresa...thanks for jumping on board! Wasn't the show fantastic! I love all your purchases...I think we all bought lots from Anni LOL! OMG I love Eiffel Tower stuff as well...looks like we have very similar taste...Enjoy your stash...it looks great xo

Jantine said...

MMM, hard to choose where to start using all those precious stuff. Of course you had to have those scissors!