Saturday, June 9, 2012

A finish!

I finished this little stitchery case and needle case last night and I'm so happy with the way they turned out.
So often I want to take something small with me when I go out... just in case I get some time to myself and I can do a bit of stitching. However, I don't want to take a huge bag with all my sewing stuff in it.. I just want to take something that I can throw into my hand bag...
This is it!!!! Everything I need fits inside perfectly...
Stitchery, pattern, embroidery hoop, scissors, needles and thread.
 
The hoop is secure with some ribbon and can't fall out. The same goes with the scissors. I've put a couple of clips across the top and they can't move! There are extra, small pockets at the bottom for embroidery threads and needles. As well, you can remove the needle case for ease.
  I just love the little needlecase. I found a wonderful picture and printed it onto a piece of fabric for the front.
Inside is a piece of wool felt for the needles.
 I made this so I can take a little stitchery with me to Sydney next week... Just in case we have some time up our sleeve, with absolutely nothing to do!!!!! Ha Ha...You never know!!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
Hope you're getting the chance to do something you love!

25 comments:

De said...

Love it!

Lurline said...

A lovely little finish - have great fun in Sydney!
Hugs - Lurline.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I love it as well.....I am going to take some stitching as well...you just never know.....5 sleepss...

Jan said...

What gorgeous things, Teresa. Have a great time in Sydney.

Marilyn said...

That is awesome Teresa. Looks to be a very handy travel or carry anywhere size.

katrien said...

Lovely.I like it.

marina said...

Gorgeous!
Love all the little details.

Susan said...

Love it - esp the Eiffel Tower - good luck finding time to stitch in Sydney!

Sandi said...

Just purrfect...naturally...

Susan said...

It's gorgeous. The little needle book is so cute. And I'm sure
you won't be the only one with a little stitching tucked away 'just in case' next week!

retdairyqueen said...

Great idea Teresa
Hope you have a lovely time in Sydney

Sunnybec said...

Fabulous idea! Love it! Enjoy Sydney. Hugs

Joy said...

It's gawjus Teresa, and so very "you" :o). Do you think we'll get any time to stitch in Sydney ;o)???
Hugs
Joy ;o)

Cattinka said...

It is always good to be prepared. And I bet everybody that sees your stitchery case will love it.
KATRIN W.

Mistea said...

Looks like you now have a perfect little keeper for take along projects.
Enjoy your special holders - and your time in Sydney.

Maree: said...

Love your Little Sewing Book..not sure about getting any stitching done..didn't realize you were coming down too...our blog meet is going to be HUGE.
see you there.
cheers

Noela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noela said...

Have a lovely time in Sydney Teresa. I'm sure you and Helen will have lots of fun. Hugs.....

Cubby House Crafts said...

It is beautiful Teresa and perfect to take travelling with you! Enjoy Sydney!
Lisa

Allie said...

Oh sweetie this is just wonderful - LOVE the graphics you used - brilliant idea!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous design Teresa. Well done. It is ideal for those spare 10 mins we find sometimes to stitch.

Merilyn said...

Nice to be able to catch up with your blog at last! my blog reading is so way behind - life just getting in the way a bit much lately - you have created a gorgeous little stitchery case and I just love the needle case with the Eiffel tower picture - just too cute! I have to say your Eiffel tower earrings too are wonderful, right up your alley Teresa, a lovely gift indeed! Have a great time in Sydney!!!!

frankleetravels said...

Just beautiful, love them. Enjoy your trip to Sydney. First time I have gone into your blog on my iPhone, so easy when I am lying in bed with the flu. Love Mum

frankleetravels said...

Just beautiful, love them. Enjoy your trip to Sydney. First time I have gone into your blog on my iPhone, so easy when I am lying in bed with the flu. Love Mum

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful sewing case!! I'm sure you would be envied in any place you take it out :))

Hugs,
Tatyana