Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend Sewing

I was lucky enough to get some sewing time this weekend and finished off a few projects. 
This bag was this months Gift of the Month project from Faeries in My Garden. I knew as soon as the kit arrived last week that I wanted to make it straight away!!!
I was very intrigued when I saw the clasp and handles that went with the fabric to make the bag. I've never made a bag with these before.
 However, the instructions were lovely and easy to follow and it went together really well.
I'm so happy with the way it turned out and the gorgeous fabric just makes the whole bag.
There are 2 little circles on the handles to attach a shoulder strap to, so I am now on the look out for a nice gold chain to finish it off.
 Notice I showed you something pretty, before I showed you this very, very ugly photo??
Well this sad photo is of my ironing board which has been waiting for a long time to be recovered. I can't believe I let it get this bad. I wouldn't normally show such a terrible pic as this, but it makes a great "before and after" story.. he he...
 I had this great piece of fabric in my stash, covered in bears quilting and sewing.
 Now my ironing board is much happier and definitely easier to iron on. I also added a padded cover to the board before putting the new cover on.
I use this little board next to my sewing machine instead of lugging the big ironing board out every time I sew. It's wonderful and great for ironing all those fiddly little applique pieces and when I'm paper piecing.
 I've finished off another block on "My Favourite Things" quilt. This is my wonky house... but then all the blocks are wonky and quirky.. that's why I love this quilt.
Lastly I'm sharing a photo I took this morning of our little town, very early this morning. I was taking Jack to work and the sun had just come up.. It's such a lovely time of the day.
Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the bag I have this to make...that was one sad ironing board....looks good now...

Fiona said...

Can you come over and sort my board?? I love the bag... very pretty and I'm sure you will get lots of comments when you use it...
I agree with you about the Favourite things quilt... it is a lot of fun...
Hugz

shez said...

wow gorgeous bag Teresa,well done you acheived alot and your ironing board definately looks better.xx

Karen said...

The bag is wonderful. Well done fitting all the hardware. Hope you lots of use out of it.
Love the new ironing board cover, too. We do put some things off longer than we should.

marina said...

your bag looks really beautiful. Lovely ironing board make over!
Your skow house looks gorgeous. Love the blue fabric.

De said...

That bag is stunning. Glad your poor sad ironing board got a makeover! Good to see Im not the only one with "wonky" blocks

Sunnybec said...

Love the bag. You are braver than I am, I just covered my ironing board but no way was I going to show how it looked on my blog!! Really like your little wonky house block. Hugs x

Mistea said...

The bag is beautiful - I can see why it jumped straight to the front of the making queue.

Love the 'new' ironing board I have a bag made with that same bear fabric.

Lovely sunrise - lately there have been too many clouds here for the sun to shine through.

Enjoy a wonderful week.

Susan said...

That sure is a gorgeous bag - maybe I will see it next weekend??? Great job ironing board cover.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Great sewing Teresa beautiful bag and such cute teddies :)

Jantine said...

I have the same small ironing board and love having it ready. Had to recover it too. Love your teddies!