Thursday, May 10, 2012

Quilters Annual Picnic

Last Tuesday some of my stitching group went to the Quilters Annual Picnic that was being held on the Gold Coast. It was a gorgeous day... perfect for a get together with the girls.
Morning tea was first on our agenda for the day and we are sitting here enjoying our cuppas and getting ready for the official opening ceremony.
These are some of the quilts from the Gold Coast quilters challenge. 
 
This one was our favourite. It had tiny seashells sewn into the 'sand' fabric.
The one on the left was one of the 2 winners. As you can see the surfboard shape was the challenge... perfect for the Gold Coast.
I won this pattern in the Tombola (I think that's what it was called). I'm really happy with my win and love the pattern.
There were a few stalls there and I managed a few purchases!!! I bought this gorgeous strip of linen with lovely french images on it and 2 beautiful ceramic heart-shaped buttons.....
....and some sashiko fabric, thread, handles and zip for a bag.
Even though it was a picnic... there was no sitting on the grass eating sandwiches for us!!! Oh no... we found a great little cafe outside and had a delicious lunch. This has to be the first time I forgot to take a photo of the food!! Sorry... but it was lovely.
 Sandi and I....
 Helen and Teresa.
 
 On the day we had a potholder swap and this is the cute potholder I received. I will show you what I made in the swap next post. I thought this was really lovely and it's a very generous size.
 Lucky too, I caught up with Joy at the picnic. The photo is a little blurry... sorry....it's not your eyesight!!!
  This was, without a doubt, one of the best Tuesday get-togethers ever!!! 
I haven't laughed so much in ages, in fact my face was still aching the next day from all the laughing!
Great idea Sandi...and thank you so much for getting us organised for the day and taking us out to Beauy to catch the bus.
Thanks to Helen, Tereasa and Sandi for making this such a fun, hysterical, wonderful, happy day!!!
So good to spend the day with such great friends.
When are we doing this again????
I'm ready!!!!

18 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like a great day out!

Susan said...

What a fun day - love those surfboard quilts!

Chookyblue...... said...

sure does sound like a fun day out..........

Susan said...

Looks like it was great fun - friends, fabric and food - you can't go wrong!

De said...

What a great day! Cant believe you didnt take a photo of food! LOL! Hopefully you can do it again soon.

Tatkis said...

Whooaaauuu, you had such a wonderful day with your friends - surrounded with quilts and sun!

tillymint said...

What a wonderful day you had with your friends Teresa... laughter, food and gorgeous quilts... a little shopping too... perfect!!

Melody said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time - wish I could have been there too.

marina said...

what a great day, some lovely treasure that came home with you.
Those surf board quilts look great.

Lynda said...

What a fantastic day out! The pattern you won is beautiful and I love the surfboard quilts - they look like a lot of fun.

Lynda said...

What a fantastic day out! The pattern you won is beautiful and I love the surfboard quilts - they look like a lot of fun.

KAYLEE said...

Lucky you Teresa, I too look forward to doing these sort of things when I am not working. Looks like fun had by all :-)

shez said...

i would have love to have been a fly on the wall,so good that you all had a great time.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks for sharing. Loved the tour of the surfboard quilts. Nothing like a day out with the girls...lovely photos of you all.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Bonita reunión de amigas y preciosa exposición, besos

Joy said...

It was such a fun day out ... Made more so by catching up with you again ;o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

Dianne said...

This is the first QQ picnic I have missed in many years and I missed seeing you there. boo hoo. The Toowoomba ladies went on the bus and by all accounts enjoyed their day outjust like you appeared to have.

Merilyn said...

Looks like you all had a great day out Teresa, what fun!!!!