Saturday, May 12, 2012

My New Peg Basket

For ages now my pegs have been living in a cane basket, that I perch precariously on top of my washing as I wheel it out to the clothes line. I can't tell you the number of times I've had to pick up all those pegs off the ground!!
About time I made myself a new practical peg bag!!!
I looked at heaps of tutorials and most of them were the type that had a hanger inserted at the top, which didn't suit what I had in mind. I also needed a nice large opening to get the pegs in and out of and I wanted to be able to remove it from my wash trolley easily.
 
 I found this gorgeous fabric a few weeks ago with no idea what I wanted to make with it. It would be perfect for the bag, and then I remembered the lovely free vintage buttons that came with the latest issue of Mollie Makes... also perfect!!!!
 And here it is!!!
 It hangs from the trolley just as I wanted, and I can remove it easily with the buttons.
 Pretty pleased with this and it's just perfect for what I was after....
Now why did it take me so long to actually make it????
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!
Happy Stitching!

20 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

very cute........

Kayly said...

It looks great. I must remember this, as the one I have slides off the trolley's handle if it gets bumped.

marina said...

excellent! Functional and beautiful to look at.

Susan said...

Love it. Perfect fabric.

Cardygirl said...

Really cute peg bag!

Melody said...

Very cute indeed.

Susan said...

Fantastic choice of fabric for a peg basket - and lvoe you pot holders.

Mistea said...

Pretty and useful - Perfect.
Now you get to see the pretty fabric regularly.
Enjoy hanging the laundry.

Sunnybec said...

Well that got me thinking I couldn't work out what you were going to do with it! We don't use a trolley, in fact this is the first one I have seen, we just use a basket and carry it outside. My pegbag has the hanger in the top .... Hugs

Karen said...

Necessity really is the mother of invention. Well done. Your peg bag looks great. Watch out - the orders will be flooding in!

Sandi said...

Love the fabric....would make a great pressy..hint hint say no more,,,lol

retdairyqueen said...

It really is perfect Funky material So Why did it take you so long to come up with the idea? I bet it didnt take you to long to make after you came up with the idea

Sheila said...

Great idea and the bag is sweet , that fabric is perfect .I have never seen a trolley for this purpose ,now that is a wonderful idea . Have a Happy Mothers Day.

Roseanne said...

That is so good and very handy. I have a giveaway come over and and have a look.

A Quilter Awakens said...

Good work; it's adorable! Karmen

sunny said...

How cute, and so very efficient! I love your fabric choices.

Cattinka said...

Your peg bag looks very nice! You did really well.
KATRIN W.

Merilyn said...

Love the peg holder Teresa! It is just perfect, very practicle and so is the fabric, you did a great job with it!!!!

Tatkis said...

Great idea, and fabrics are lovely!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Found it Teresa... Looks fantastic. I do love the matching striped fabric too :) Just perfect.