Monday, April 9, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 9.4.2012

Making me happy this week is the wonderful trip my husband and I took last Friday. The long trip up north was to visit some very dear friends of ours, that we haven't seen for some time. My husband used to work with Gary and I met his wife, Virginia, on one of their work dinners. Virginia and I (to our husbands disgust) realised how much we had in common and talked quilts all night long!! With our shared love of quilting and all things French... we have been kindred spirits ever since.
The drive up there is always one of my favourite trips. I just love all the gorgeous pine trees on the way up the Sunshine coast of Queensland.  It was a beautiful day.
Virginia is a wonderful cook and we were very spoiled with all her delicious goodies.. Morning tea... pumpkin and honey muffins were soooo good. (Yep I brought up store made hot cross buns!!!!) No kidding!!!
But the most delicious was her macarons!!! I had a lovely picture of them on her lovely french plate, but I deleted it some how!!!! Virginia made many of these since our trip to the Fench Festival in Brisbane last year. She now has absolutely perfected the recipe and I can honestly say, they are the best macarons I have ever tasted.
Hazelnut, rose, passion fruit and chocolate!!!! I can't tell you which is my favourite, they all are!!!
  
After looking at her beautiful property and house (I wish I'd taken photos of all her gorgeous quilts, and french collections and her teapot collection) 
 
and talking quilts....
 It was time for lunch ... and Virginia really outdid herself...
Pumpkin, feta and spinach pie, salad and home baked chia bread..Simply delicious.
We had such a lovely day and it was just the best to catch up with them. Gary is such a lovely guy and so easy to talk to and so funny..... He has the most amazing collection of Ned Kelly memorabilia... something else I am very interested in.
 Virginia is the most generous, talented, thoughtful, inspiring friend you can have.

You just can't beat spending the day with wonderful friends....I wish we lived closer... but then I guess when you make that effort to get together and spend quality time and cramming as much as you can into one day... You end up having the very BEST of days with those who are very special to you.
Hope you are all having a very HAPPY MONDAY!!!
Teresa xx

11 comments:

Vicki said...

That would all make me happy :P Particularly if I didn't have to cook it. Love the folies bergère shirt :)

shez said...

what a wonderful trip and how special to visit lovely friends.xx

Roseanne said...

Look like you had a fantastic day with you friends. The food look so good. Great food ,great friends what more could you ask for.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a perfect day Teresa, I think you are both blessed to have each other...

katrien said...

What a lovely day you have.

Susan said...

A great way to spend a day if a long weekend!

Dianne said...

A lovely day spent with friends. We are truly lucky in this great country of ours and blessed to live in such wondrous surroundings. The food all looks delish.

73mw said...

Friends and days like this are wonderful - you sound like you enjoyed every minute of the trip and visit :-)

marina said...

Your title should be 'makes me deliriously happy'
What a great day.
Love the pic of you when you were little.
Didn't know you were interested in Ned Kelly.
My nephew owns 'the Kelly house' where Ned Kelly lived as an infant. Not far from the Hume.

Merilyn said...

What a lovely way to spend some of the Easter holiday with friends like that, and the weather behaved itself too, which was a real bonus!!!!

Carole said...

I thought you might like this little quote about happiness. Happiness