Monday, April 2, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 2.4.2012

 Making me happy this week......
Firstly I received this gorgeous little parcel in the mail from my lovely blogging friend Marilyn. She recently went to the "Let's Get Stitched in Tassy" retreat and knew how much I wished I'd been able to attend. While she was visiting the Salamanca Markets in Hobart, she saw this gorgeous little dish and brought it all the way home for me! In the parcel was also one of Fee's sweet smelling little lavender sachets. How thoughtful was this? I was thrilled to bits when I opened my parcel. Thank you so much Marilyn... you have a huge heart and this means so much to me! My little dish now has pride of place at the front of my Blue Willow collection.
Secondly, my cousin gave birth to her first baby this morning... a gorgeous little boy they called Ari. I've looked up his name and its meanings and learned in.....
Hebrew it means "Lion"
Armenian it means "Fearless"
Hindi it means "One who shows the right path:"
Icelandic it means "Eagle" or "Fast flying"
Icelandic (common) it means "Awesome"
Korean it means "Important"
Kurdish it means "Gorgeous"
  I love the name they chose! Congratulations to the new parents!
Nothing like a new baby in the family to make you happy!!!
HAPPY MONDAY TO YOU!!!

8 comments:

shez said...

Teresa what beautiful gifts to receive from your friends,how lovely,and what a cute little boy,i love his name also.xx

Karen said...

Lovely gifts and a gorgeous baby.

Fiona said...

Isn't Marilyn just the sweetest gal. Gorgeous bubby too. Have a wonderful week.

Hugs - Fee X

Mistea said...

Those are beautiful presents - so you.
Cute little addition to your family - hope he doesn't live too far away.
Enjoy your week.

Lynda said...

What a beautiful little baby.

Tatkis said...

Lovely blue dish, and great congratulations with the sweet little addition to your family!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Merilyn said...

Congratulatons on having a new family member!!! It's true a new baby is always exciting!! What a lovely little dish, all the way from Tassie, very thoughtful!!!!

Marilyn said...

Aww. what a beautiful little baby, and what a great name for him. Congrats to his parents. Little dish photographed well.