Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday Treasures

 I have wanted to share this gorgeous antique quilt in Melody's Tuesday Treasures for some time now... 
But it has been packed away with some of my other precious quilts...until this past weekend when I got the chance to dig them out again and let them breathe!
I've spoken of my wonderful friend Virginia (no blog - unfortunately!) many times including how she used to have an antique quilt business and would find these beautiful quilts from Australia and America and sell them.
 A few years back, for my Anniversary, my husbands present was for me to choose one of the antique quilts from Virginia's collection.
 I couldn't take my eyes off this gorgeous yo yo quilt. 
I just loved how unusual it was and how much work had gone into the quilt.....
Entirely made by hand and using so many wonderful fabrics from that era..
I'm guessing from the amount of brights, purples and oranges in the quilt, that it is possibly from the 1970's.
 I love the thoughtful gift from my husband and it is definitely a treasure to me. 
I am going to see who else is sharing their treasures today over at Melody's.
Have a great Tuesday!!!

14 comments:

Maree: said...

Teresa your Antique Quilt is Beautiful and should be out so it can been seen and Enjoyed..
cheers

shez said...

oh Teresa what a lovely thing for your hubby to do and what a treasure for you.xx

Lounging with a Latte said...

That's a lovely quilt. I've never seen one made like that with yoyo's before. Lots of love has gone into making that.

Merilyn said...

A gorgeous piece!! What amazes me is the amount of work that has gone into making each of those yo-yo's!!! Thankyou for sharing this!!!

Melody said...

What a beautiful gift. It is adorable. I agree it should stay out to be enjoyed every day, Thank you so much for playing TT today.

Vicki said...

Hope it's earlier than the 1970s becuase now I feel positively ancient, LOL

Karen said...

This quilt is beautiful. It is a treasure!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful treasure Teresa. How special. I love YoYo quilts..there is something very tactile about them. Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt.

De said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Keep it out!

marina said...

What a wonderful treasure! I love the yoyo's too.I am with De keep it out.

Mistea said...

That is a very special treasure for lots of reasons. Glad you get to enjoy the work of others.
Beautiful.

Jantine said...

This is an incredible quilt!

Carolyn said...

A lovely quilt Teresa, such a lot of work. When I was little my mum made floor rugs from yo-yos, backed with hessian from sugar bags, but she never tackled anything as large as this.

Tatkis said...

What a lovely, unique yoyo quilt!
Thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
Tatyana