Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday Treasures

 
 Last week for my photo challenge I had to find and photograph something "tiny"..
It made me remember this beautiful little doll my Mum bought for me....
 Isn't she just gorgeous?... and all hand made...
Well there is more......
 This is the complete set of gorgeous, tiny, little things my Mum sent to me. She was living in Busselton, Western Australia at the time and sent them all the way across Australia to me.The shop she got them from was full of these teeny tiny things... all hand made!!!
 The set consists of a large (really???) platter, a teapot, sugar bowl, milk jug, 2 cups and saucers and 2 little girls.
 The little milk jug and sugar bowl!!! How tiny are they? and so beautifully hand painted.
The lid of the sugar bowl is separate and actually fits perfectly. It really makes me wonder how anyone can make anything so small as this.
 I just love them and they are definitely treasures to me.
 
On the day of the photo challenge I was talking to my mum about these little treasures and she sent me this photo of her 2 little dolls that she bought from the same shop....  
I think this photo with our fairly tiny $2 coin beside them really shows just how tiny they are.
We thought it was pretty funny we were both playing with our little dolls and tea sets, taking photos... anyone watching us would think we'd gone mad!!!
I am linking up with Melody and her Tuesday Treasures again today...
I wonder who else is playing....

18 comments:

Susan said...

Aren't they gorgeous - so tiny.

Fiona said...

They are just amazing.... so much detail in so small an item.... it's too funny that you and your mum had a dolls playdate!!!
Hugz

handmade said...

two sweet and sooooo little, my DD is totally overwhelmed !! lovely

marina said...

How adorable. So much detail on such a tiny set!
Be careful what you wish for we have had a winter burst these two days and it is very inconvenient! Sleet and hail yesterday with a definite bite to the air. I'll send some up.

shez said...

very cute but by geez they are small.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

They are just gorgeous and so special being a gift from your Mum's travels. Some people are amazing aren't they. My friend had a little jumper for one of her doll's house dollies knitted on toothpicks...My eyes also just happened to fall out onto the gorgeous cup and saucer behind them...oohh!

Vicki ♥ said...

They are tiny indeed and its an amazing coincedince you and your Mum were 'playing' with them at the same time. Your ESP with each other must be strong. :) Hugs Vicki x

Cath said...

too, too cute!

Vicki said...

The little dolls and tea-set are for dolls houses, they are probably 12th scale which is the most common scale, it's one inch to a foot.
You can also buy items even smaller, 24th scale and even less!

Raewyn said...

They are amazingly cute and so perfectly tiny! Fun co-incidence you both being on the same wavelength.

Merilyn said...

What amazing little treasures, and they really are tiny when sitting next to the teacup & saucer!
All those tiny details, I can see why you love them!!!!

Melody said...

These are wonderful, thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Outback Craftaholic said...

What fabulous, tiny treasures! It would take an enormous amount of patience to create something like this. I wonder if the shop is still there? Thanks for sharing, Tracy.

Quilt Kitty said...

Mad in a good way Teresa. Aren't they divine little treasures. I wonder if that shops still in Busso... Tracee xx

Sunnybec said...

Gosh how on earth has someone made those by hand! They must have little fingers Lol... they are so cute. Hugs

Sheila said...

Very special treasures come in small packages , so cute !!

Rebecka said...

Such a cute little doll! I like that you showed it in your hand, it really looks tiny!!!

Jantine said...

Those little things are soo cute!