Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday Treasures

 It's still Tuesday isn't it????
 Playing along with Melody today with her Tuesday Treasures... once again.
My treasure today is my Mum.. After spending most of yesterday texting back and forth to her as well as making numerous phone calls... I was thinking how much I rely on her, need her and love her. We talk and text all the time, and sometimes it's for major talking and sometimes I'm just asking her if something I wrote sounds okay. Yesterday I confided in her that I'd had a couple of meanies have a go at me last week... Her response.... "Let me know who they are, and I'll sort them out"... 
She is so tiny and petite... and would never hurt a fly... so this was pretty awesome to me and made me feel soooooo much better. She always knows the right thing to say and when...
Now also today in the photo challenge I'm attempting to complete, the inspiration for today's photograph is "Mail".... 
It just so happened that this morning in the mailbox I found a parcel from my Mum..
Inside were some gorgeous little Easter goodies, a beautiful card she has made, the cutest little egg, a beautiful top to wear and a photograph. The photo is of my Grandparents, both no longer with us, and it was such a shock to see their familiar, smiling faces, that I was quite taken back.
Then the significance of it and all the wonderful memories of my Grandparents came flooding back.
Thanks so much Mum... it was such a wonderful surprise and I love everything in that sweet parcel, especially the photo.
I'm off to Melodys to see who else is sharing the "Treasures" today...
Have a great day!

17 comments:

Sunnybec said...

Oh you are so right. I remember when my Mum died I kept going to the phone thinking "I'll just tell Mum that"...and then realising I couldn't. Mum's really are a Treasure... cherish her everyday. Hugs xxx

shez said...

what a sweetie your mum is,its so special that bond between mother and child and heavon help anyone that hurts that child,then a mother will be fierce and take on the world for her child,have a happy easter Teresa with your family.xx

Maree: said...

What a Beautiful Post...
Thanks for Sharing.
cheers

Rebecka said...

Hi Teresa. I like your story and photo of your Mom. What a neat package to receive. Great memories.

Merilyn said...

What a lovely little surprise package to receive, especially the photo of your grandparents, a real treasure!!! Your Mum sounds very sweet and still looking after her brood no matter the distance between you!!!!

Cath said...

Ahhhh Mums....as wonderful as daughters!! I miss my mum so very much as I don't get to chat to her as often as I would like. I am enjoying following your photo challenge by the way....lovely photo's so far!

Quilt Kitty said...

A wonderful mum is indeed a treasure. Yours sounds very loving but also a character who can give you a laugh when you need it. I am sorry to hear you are dealing with meanies. Some people just want us all to be as miserable as them but no way! Have a happy Easter, Tracee xx

marina said...

where would we be without our mums. We need to treasure them while they are with us. Your mum's parcel is just gorgeous and so thoughtful.
Am enjoying your photo challenge pics too.

Marilyn said...

So timely to receive the parcel from your Mum right when you needed it. She must have known. So sad that you have had meanies to deal with. I can understand your Mum's reaction - I become a Mother Bear if anyone is mean to my family - I want to sort them out too. Dont let those people take away from you the good things in your life.

Lurline said...

Aaaw! That's so feel-good, Happe Easter to you and yours!
Hugs - Lurline.

Fiona said...

Lovely post, your mum obviously knew you needed a little surprise parcel....
Hugz

Maricarmen said...

Family are your most important treasures. Keep them safe

Melody said...

Your mum sounds fabulous. How dare meanies be bad to you.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thank goodness for wonderful Mums...obviously you learnt wonderful things from your Mum. Nice mail is always such fun.
Don't those meanies know how special you are to all of us and just how many folks would like to come and SORT them out. Says more about them than you...keep your sense of self strong and let them get on with it. Hugs xxx

73mw said...

Mum's are the best and yours is a true treasure. Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with meanies - you have one of the lovliest natures in blogland, your posts are always so positive and full of your appreciation of life and your family - don't let the meanies get to you - stay strong and happy.

Kathy said...

What a beautiful post :) I still have my mum and her mum and though we don't live close for visits we stay in touch with phone calls. I am trying to persuade my mum to get a computer so we can email, but she's a bit reluctant! Your mum sounds very cool :)

Dianne said...

Your Mum is so beautiful and thoughtful. Easter always brings back wonderful memories of family. I have lovely memories of sharing Easter lunch with my maternal Nana and our extended family. My Nana always made a traditional German bun with lots of spices and fruit. Oooh I can almost taste it. You are right to treasure your Mum - very special.