Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Softies

I have a few finishes so far this month .... and they're all softies!!!!  I made another dolphin for my cousins new little baby boy.  I've made quite a few of these dolphins, and I was going to make something different for this little baby... but as he lives in north Queensland and near the ocean, I decided a dolphin was the right choice. It is one of Melly and Me designs and I just love this pattern. When you finish sewing it together and the dolphin transforms into the perfect shape... it's just wonderful. Such a great pattern.
I've also been making lots of little "Chubby Birds". This is a pattern from Jodie of Ric Rac fame. It's the cutest pattern and one of her new "creative card" patterns,
As soon as the pattern arrived I was going through my wool and felt and I ended up making 3 birds to start with. Now I want to make more. They're so much fun to make. 
I made a little red breasted robin....
And a couple of "bluebirds of happiness", but one of those has flown the coop already.
I love their little, round, "chubby" bodies...
Now I really should stop being distracted by cute dolphins and birdies and get back to my quilt blocks, penny rug, quilts, stitcheries and the rest......
Have a great day!

13 comments:

Fiona said...

love the softies.... the dolphin is great and those little fat birds really get me... I have the pattern too...
Hugz

shez said...

love the softies Teresa i have made a couple of dolphins before and need to make some more for the present cupboard,i have just bought the bird pattern but i havent made any yet,they are very cute.xx

Cattinka said...

Your dolphin is very cute, I probably need to make this one, too. I made a few Melly & Me projects but I like this one a lot.
KATRIN W.

Mistea said...

The dolphin is gorgeous as always - Lovely in those colours.
Your chubby birds are super cute - Enjoy

Karen said...

I think all your softies are looking gorgeous. They are very appealing!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So very cute Teresa

Susan said...

very cute softies and love your "Orange"

Fiona said...

Your dolphin is gorgeous and those chubby birds are just addictive aren't they?

Hugs - Fee XX

handmade said...

You're birds and dolphin are so sweet !!

Tatkis said...

Your softies are sooo cute!
I want to start working with felt and wool, but haven't find a simple starting project yet :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Noela said...

Love your work Teresa. Must get that chubby bird pattern, it is so cute. Hope you are having a great week. Hugs....

Melody said...

I do love a sweet little softie and yours are delightful.

Lynda said...

They are all so cute Teresa.