Friday, April 27, 2012

Blocks and Penny Rug

This is the second part of Melodys Penny Rug BOM. Love the button tree! I am really enjoying her tutorials and watching my penny rug grow.....
Part 3 has a little red school house complete with school bell.
So far one side is complete and I've turned the corner and I'm almost at the next corner! It's a real little village and coming along nicely. This month has some cute little bird houses to sew on... so I'd better get that done before next months reveal.
I have also finished another two blocks in "My Favourite Things" quilt...
:Hot chocolate ...mmmmmm and.....
A good book to read!!!! - definitely a favourite of mine.
Today is very overcast and rainy..... perfect stitching weather!
Hope you are doing something you love today!

18 comments:

marina said...

well done on your works in progress.

Kelli said...

I'm in love with your favorite things blocks! :) And your penny rug is looking good. Happy Friday to you!
xo

shez said...

go girl go you are on a roll,great projects you are working on there,well done.xx

Susan said...

Love your penny rug. How big are the blocks?

KAYLEE said...

Your Penny rug is looking so good Teresa, two weeks ago I cut out everything for blocks 1, 2, and 3 however am yet to start the stitching.The Favourite Things blocks are gorgeous will be great to see them all stitched together. Cheers Kaylee

Susan said...

Lovely Favourite Things blocks and the peeny rug looks like a lot of fun to do. I took today off to make it a super long weekend so I ahev bee sewing and cutting all day - whooppee - and still the weekend to go.

Fiona said...

great blocks there...
have a great weekend...
Hugz

tillymint said...

I'd never heard of a Penny Rug till I saw this... it's fabulous! It looks like so much fun to stitch, I must go and investigate that link, Thanks for sharing your lovely work :)

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que preciosidad!!!!!

Tatkis said...

Such cute felt blocks!
And Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books ;)

Jantine said...

My favorite things quilt sounds great! Love the items you made!
This penny tree is funny, I really like it.

Noela said...

Your penny rug is looking great Teresa. Love your blocks as well. Hot chocolate and a good book just what we need for today. Hope your not too waterlogged where you are. Hugs.....

Roseanne said...

Well done love your penny rug love the church and the bell.

Merilyn said...

Love that Button Tree as well, just so cute! Your project is coming along beautifully Teresa, it's looking great!!!

Merilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merilyn said...

Silly me, I clicked my comment twice - so deleted the repeat, sorry 'bout that!!!

Pansy said...

Loving this penny rug, as if I haven't enough too do!!! I now need to start this, adore ALL your stichery clever girl, finally worked out how to comment x

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a beautiful project of Mel's and yours is coming a long a treat.What could be better buttons and birdies. Love your other blocks also.