Monday, March 26, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 26.3.2012

Making me happy this week is spending 3 days at the Quilters Rest, quilt retreat in Kingaroy. 
This is such a wonderful place to go to and I had a ball.
 I got to spend that time with my wonderful friends Laurel, and Helen and
Jenny, who I haven't seen since last year, so it was great to see her and share some laughs. I also met 2 new ladies, Leanne and Vicki. We all got on so well, it felt like we'd known each other for years.
 
We are surrounded by nothing but peace and quite, and beautiful countryside...  
the only thing we heard for 3 days (besides laughing and chatting) were the cows!!!
The food, as always, was absolutely delicious... 
I also managed to get lots of sewing done. This is a quilt top I cut out and put together..
The fabrics are beautiful in it. I am so pleased to get it to this stage...
I also took along a few smaller projects which I finished on the weekend.. This is a little Hatched and Patched wool pincushion.. Just need to fill it up..
 A wrist pincushion (one of Natalie Birds free patterns)
 
 I finished this cute little stitchery from a pattern I found in a Homespun Magazine....
 I also had this little purse to make.. It has a very fiddly slide clasp and magnet closure. Thanks to Helen I got this finished, as it had me baffled for quite some time!!!
 This block is the first in Raspberry Rabbits free BOM.. I got this finished and a good start on the second block.
I am so pleased with what I finished this weekend. 

This weekend was just wonderful, and sharing it with these friends of mine made it even more special. These weekends are precious!!!! 
Hope you have a HAPPY MONDAY everyone!!!

24 comments:

marina said...

what a lot of lovely things you got finished!
Love the fabrics in your top, they look so regal.

Fiona said...

Great weekend... looks beautiful and what a fantastic array of things you made...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Perfect weekend...and love all your projects.

shez said...

whow Teresa you made some awesome finishes there well done on your productivity,love retreats,its a lovely time with friends and stitching.xx

Karen said...

What a wonderful quilt retreat. The setting looks perfect. A great place to be with good friends. Love all the great projects, too. Great to see so many finishes.

Marilyn said...

Wow, you achieved so much. Love your quilt top. So pleased you had such an enjoyable weekend.

KAYLEE said...

Very impressive, you managed to do a lot of projects Teresa, did you sleep over the 3 days :-) I am looking forward to doing something like this when I have finished work.

Susan said...

You were very productive - and obviously had some lovely days weather wise!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow you got lots done. Nothing like a weekend away with quilting friends.

Bec said...

Looks like a fantastic retreat and I love the quilt top you cut and put together.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que fotos más bonitas, y que trabajos tan preciosos, besos

Lynda said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time and you did so much!

Merilyn said...

You sure did accomplish a lot Teresa! Your quilt is amazing, love the fabrics, and the wrist pincushion is so sweet!! I have only been on one retreat several years ago at Gympie, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had, the friendship, encouragement, fun and accomplishments are the best! Glad you had such a great time!!!!

Dianne said...

You had a very productive retreat there, Teresa. It looks like a lovely rural setting. Do you do your own catering for this retreat? Glad you had a great time but I am a wee bit jealous!!

Noela said...

Glad you had a great week-end Teresa. Will miss you at Tamborine this week-end. Hugs.....

katrien said...

OOOO you have got a lovely quilt retreat weekend.You maked lovely things.
Have a nice day.

De said...

Looks like you had a great time and some productivity too!

Mistea said...

Ooh - sewing with friends how fun.
Looks like you worked hard too.
Lovely spot.
Enjoy the rest of your week.

Tatkis said...

Wow, it seems you had such a wonderful and productive time!
So many beautiful things done!

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you had a wonderful time away.........

Cattinka said...

That was a nice weekend, I wish I could have been there. And you really got a lot of pretty things done and some started.
KATRIN W.

Vicki said...

Great that you all had such fun - and that Laurel went too :) Churned out a lot of work in between chatting and all the other stuff LOL

Melody said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful and your sewing projects are all delightful.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Looks like you had a great weekend Teresa :)