Monday, March 19, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 19.3.2012

  
Making me happy this week is all about something that happened a few weeks ago... My birthday!
My birthday isn't something I usually tell anyone about, or make any sort of fuss over... To me, it's just another day. This year, though, there were a few sneaky people who found out (somehow!!!!) and a few friends and family members who really made this day very special for me. I just couldn't let it slide by without doing a post on what these people mean to me, and how thoughtful and generous their gifts were...
 
First thing on the morning of my birthday, my youngest son took me out for breakfast and gave me this gorgeous little panda (with Haigh chocolates) that he got for me on our trip to Adelaide.
My Mum sent me this gorgeous parcel of goodies... a beautiful little teddy full of bling! and the most beautifully crocheted thimble and needle case... Yep that little crochet doiley with pearls and charms is the most exquisite needle case and how lovely is the thimble....
 The detail on them is amazing. She always finds the most beautiful little treasures.
My lovely blogging friend Wendy sent me these beautiful fabrics, wooden buttons and thread. I love the colours of the fabrics and I've already started using them on an upcoming quilt!
This gorgeous present I received from another blogging friend Michelle... I have no idea how she found out it was my birthday! The lovely book of stitcheries is her new book of patterns and they are really gorgeous. Inside was also a beautiful antique doiley and the most gorgeous card.  I'm loving all these pretty pinks in my birthday presents this year!
Now this was really special.... my blogging friend Tatyana sent me these gorgeous hand made presents "just because"... not even knowing that they arrived on the day of my birthday.. The owl is so cute, beautiful thread and the most lovely old vintage brooch. .... I am very spoilt!
 
My on line group Friends in Stitching send each of us on our birthdays something special too. My partner was Sue and the theme this year for our birthday presents is "grow, cook, eat". 
Sue sent me some really lovely presents. A beautiful Journal, pincushion and needle case.
 
This is the lovely stitchery on the front of the journal.  
 
The cute little needle case..
On the back of the pincushion Sue stitched this great label so I will always remember this wonderful birthday swap. I just love all the gorgeous things she has made for me. Thanks Sue xx
Photo by Helen... thanks Helen xx
My stitching day with the girls was, and always is, very special on my birthday... Because I get to share that day with my best friend Tereasa (yep .... same name too!!!!) It's really nice to share our birthday celebrations together. The other girls really spoil us, and this year was no exception. Yummy cheesecake, chocolates and birthday cake...
 Plus very special presents .... they know me so well!!!! Gorgeous fabrics and doileys, chocolates, vintage Paris tag, Body Shop goodies, smelly melts and some wonderful photos for my Stitching Girls Album (I will have to show you this in my next Tuesday Treasures.....)
 The Paris/French theme was also very evident this birthday... How lovely is this wrapping paper? I opened it very, very carefully. It was from my lovely friend Virginia (who needs to start her blog!!!) and inside was a terrific book on making...books! I can't wait to try some of the books in this..
 As you can see Paris was also evident in the bags and presents... The DVD "Midnight in Paris" was from my brother and I really enjoyed watching it... I wanted to step right into the TV actually!
I received lots of phone calls from family and friends and a very special call from James in London was just what I needed. The lovely cake (first photo) was a surprise when my neighbours asked me up for some afternoon tea... 
My hubby, too, bought me some wonderful, badly-needed, comfortable bras!!! ha ha... he really outdid himself this year!!! I know he thinks they're only bras... but I needed them, and I love them!!!
I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many people who went out of their way to make this day so special.
I am so grateful and you will never know just how much this meant to me...
Thank you guys!!!!
Yes, another birthday done and dusted.... and the candles are blown out for another year!
Hope you are all having a very HAPPY MONDAY!!!


15 comments:

KAYLEE said...

Happy Birthday Teresa for a couple of weeks. back Hugs Kaylee xx

Fiona said...

Well you are the sneaky one... happy, happy happy belated birthday.... so glad you were so spoiled and had such a great time.... there are benefits to birthdays... especially being remembered by special peoples....
Hugz

shez said...

Happy birthday Teresa and what a wonderful and exciting post,i adore the things your mum sent,they are so lovely,glad you had such a special wonderful day.xx

Susan said...

Happy Birthday. Live well, laugh often, love much - I think you've got that covered.

Marilyn said...

Those gifts from your mum are amazing. You have been rightfully spoiled with some gorgeous gifts. Happy birthday.

Jane in Wales said...

Happy belated birthday! You have been spoilt - all those lovely things!
Jane

marina said...

Belated birthday wishes!
How wonderful to be loved by so many people- a very happy monday indeed.
That little thimble is so gorgeous.
birthday hugs

katrien said...

Happy belated Birthday.
You have got lovely presents.

Tatkis said...

Wow, Teresa, so many beautiful gifts from wonderful friends and family members!
And I didn't have the slightest idea about your birthday! I'm so happy my owls and brooch has arrived exactly at that day!!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Melody said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday. Your pressies are delightful. I do wish I had known.
Wishing you many many more happy birthdays.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! I have a March birthday too! Your gifts are all fabulous and I especially like the crochet needle case! Never seen anything like that before!

Michelle Ridgway said...

So many lovely people I know have birthdays in March.....you included. I am glad you were spoiled and celebrated as you ought. Lovely gifties too. Nice to share it with a friend. Many Happies to the other Teresa. xoxo

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

You received some lovely gifts Teresa... what a great day :)

Merilyn said...

Happy belated birthday Teresa!!! You sure did get lucky with all those gorgeous little giftys, just love the pearl/lace needle case, it is very you! Your Mum knows yu well!!!!

Dianne said...

Happy very belated birthday, Teresa. You did receive some very beautiful gifts. Di.