Monday, March 12, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 12.3.2012

  
Making me happy this week, is my beautiful city of Brisbane. I love driving the hour long trip into the city as there is so much to do when I get in there... and so much to see. 
 One of my absolute favourite places is South Bank on the bank of the Brisbane River.
 Beautiful beach complete with life guards, you can sunbake and go swimming with the city high rise buildings just across the river in the background. 
 
 You can walk all the way from one end of South Bank to the other, right alongside the River.
 Well you can actually walk, or ride a bike! There are gorgeous, huge, shady trees along the way and lots of lovely green, grassy parks.
 You also have the beautiful rainforest area. You can walk all through this and it's lovely and cool in there on a hot sunny day.
 Near the rainforest is the beautiful Nepalese Peace Pagoda. It's magnificent up close, where you can see the intricate carvings.
   
 Of course there is always the weekend and Friday night markets. Full of gorgeous hand made goodies, yummy food and art works.  
Where I bought this lovely, vintage-inspired necklace....
 and had this delicious coffee and pistachio shortbread.....
 You can always go for a ride on the Brisbane Ferris wheel as well...
Plus just up the road a bit, is the Museum, Science Centre, Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art... oh and the Performing Arts Complex... Oh! and the Library.. I love the Library...
And we haven't even crossed the river yet, and gone into the city!!!
Must go back in again soon, I love this place!
Hope you're having a very HAPPY MONDAY!!!
Have a great week!!

14 comments:

shez said...

lovely pics Teresa,thankyou for the tour.xx

Vicki said...

How lucky you are to live near such a beautiful city. I've never been to Brisbane but perhaps one day???
I love my home city of Ballarat too, not tropical but lovely just the same.

Susan said...

Looks like a holiday in a day. It's good to look at all the wonderful things on our doorsteps.

Debbie said...

Looks like you had fun, I like going to Brisbane and visit all the patchwork shops!

Jeni said...

I love Brisbane also so
have just been to Sydney last weekend ......so busy ...to many people

Helen said...

thanks for posting this. Next to Sydney, Brisbane is my favorite city. It reminds my of my 'home'. Yes, feeling a little homesick but these pictures make me happy too.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Loved all the pics of home Teresa...love Southbank especially the art gallery being so near. Like you LOVE "Brisvegas" we are very lucky to live here and it is so wonderful to see it looking so good again.

Tatkis said...

Beautiful Brisbane photos!
And your clock necklace is adorable!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

marina said...

thankyou for the tour!
Love your new necklace. One day it would be nice to visit Brisbane.

Merilyn said...

Lovely post Teresa! Reminds me of the many wonderful times I have enjoyed those views and walks along South Bank when I lived in Brisbane, I think another visit to Brissy shouldn't be too far away!

Mistea said...

Thanks for reminding me - I loved walking through along the river or around the market when I lived in Brisbane. It was pleasant to stroll through there on an evening after work.
Enjoy your week.

frankleetravels said...

You have made me homesick, thanks for the photos, if this comes through you will know I managed to work out how to set up a blog, now all I have to do is learn how to use it, heehee. Love you Mum xxxx

Melody said...

Thank you for reminding me how beautiful Brisbane is. I love that walk along the river.

Dianne said...

I love Brissy too. We lived there for many years and our two daughters were born there so it has a special place in our hearts. I love all the places and things you have outlined here and I love that one daughter lives there and I get to visit often.
Di.