Saturday, March 31, 2012

Red Brolly Swap

 My on-line group Friends in Stitching have just had our first swap of the year. This swap was a Bronwyn Hayes/Red Brolly swap. My present went to my swap partner Sue, who requested something personal this swap... Perfect.... I really loved this apron pattern, and hoped I could make one for myself as well.
That didn't happen of course, as it took a bit longer to make than I thought it would...
I chose to make the applique version of the apron for Sue.
I just love Bronwyns girls!!!!
Well, can you imagine my surprise when I opened my present from my swap partner,  Peg???
Lucky, lucky me.... Peg made the apron for me!!!!
Peg made the stitchery version and I just love it... The colours and fabrics are gorgeous and the stitchery of the girls is just perfect.
 Lovely Peg added a couple of other things to my present and absolutely spoiled me...
I just love the journal and journal cover in these gorgeous fabrics...
and the bookmark is just so cute.
 Thank you so much Peg... I am really thrilled to bits with my presents.
This was another wonderful swap with this great group of friends...
Thanks so much!
Hope you are having a beaut weekend!

19 comments:

shez said...

OMG what wonderful swap pressie's there are here i love them both and dear Peg she is so very generous with her swaps,how lovely.
lol,that you got a apron back your wish came true.xx

marina said...

wonderful handiwork on both aprons. Well done girls!

Marilyn said...

They both are gorgeous. It would be hard to choose applique or stitchery as they are equally awesome.

katrien said...

Whawww,this is lovely.

Karen said...

What a wonderful swap. Your apron with applique is gorgeous. And a I love the embroidered version you received, too. Beautiful work in both!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Both are so gorgeous...hard to choose.How wonderful you now have a sweet version for yourself.

Val said...

Your applique work looks perfect and how wonderful to get the apron as your gift. The Red Brolly girls are so interesting. I love all the details.

Susan said...

Is that a case of great minds thibk alike?? Lovely aprons - both sent & received.

retdairyqueen said...

Great gifts all round

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Te quedaron preciosos!!! me encantan!!! besos

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great minds think alike, is that what they say???....LOL...totally love what you made for Sue, I am sure she was thrilled...and I am so pleased you like your goodies Teresa...xx

Mistea said...

Looks like Peg saved you some work. Beautiful apron on both counts - love the applique on the black polka dots.
Gorgeous stitching on yours - reminds me of your Tuesday friends.
Enjoy

Cattinka said...

What a great swap, I like both aprons, and the other gifts also.
KATRIN W.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely gifts sent and received......another great swap......

Sue W ♥ said...

Love my apron to bits, thanks Teresa, now I am asking if I can pinch the photo to post to the FIS blog

Noela said...

Lovely gifts given & received Teresa. Missed you at camp, it was fantastic as always. June said to say 'Hello' next time I saw you. Hugs....

Bronwyn ... said...

OMG! How stunning are these aprons! You ladies certainly did my patterns justice. Lucky you! The Girls will be very happy that they are looking so fabulous. Well Done and thanks for sharing. Gorgeous!

Bronwyn Hayes

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Oh what a coincidence, these both look fantastic :)

Lynda said...

The apron you made is so beautiful. I love the black/white spots.