Saturday, March 17, 2012

FNSI

Friday Night Sew In with Heidi was another successful evening of sewing! This is such a great inspiration and motivation for me
This week I wanted to make a start on my blogging friend Jantines new pattern. It's a terrific sewing folder that holds all your sewing needs and you can take anywhere with you.
The above picture is about half way through the nights sewing...pockets made, outside cover pieced together and applique flowers ready to go...
 And this is it finished!!! I just love it. It ends up about 10 x 12 inches (closed) and holds everything!!!
 Inside... there are heaps and heaps of pockets (21 actually!!)... for pens, patterns, scissors, cotton reels, needles, etc. The pincushion can be attached and removed easily and there's a clever little idea that stops the needles going right through, if you've got the folder on your lap. Also a nifty little ring for your embroidery threads.
 The only thing I haven't finished on my folder, is there is a zip that goes all the way around the outside edge, so it closes up perfectly. The zips on my shopping list and then it will be totally finished.
   I am totally wrapped with my new folder and the instructions were very, very clever and easy to understand. I had no problem putting it together. (Well done Jantine!!! - it's awesome!!!)
Thanks so much to Heidi for hosting the FNSI again.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

De said...

Looks fabulous! Way more productive than me :)

katrien said...

What a lovely folder.And easy to take it with you with all the things in it.
Can you tell me where you can bye the pattern ?

shez said...

well done Teresa,i really like this pattern,a lot of thought has gone into designing it.xx

barb's creations said...

Love the idea,you got a lot done last night :) Barb.

Mistea said...

Very productive and looking gorgeous in those colours. What an amazing hold all for keeping your projects under control.
Enjoy

Jeanette said...

Your folder looks great Teresa. Looks like a great pattern. Hugs,

Tatkis said...

Wow, this folder looks just wonderful! Colours and pattern are great!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Cath said...

What a terrific projects and I really love the fabrics and colours you used...my favourite combination!!!

Cheryl said...

What a great idea. All the sewing bits and bobs that you might need for a trip. Yours looks fabulous!

Teresa Felgueiras said...

Wonderful. That folder is great and it holds everything we need.
I love the colors you used. I think I'm going to look for the pattern.

Marilyn said...

This looks such a good folder and I love the fabrics you have used too. Great pattern.

Jantine said...

You have made me so happy for test driving my pattern ;-), I am very thrilled it was easy to follow and looking forward to your comments. Soon it will be officially published, thanks to you.
The colour combo is marvellous! I am sure you will enjoy using it!

Merilyn said...

Lovely work there Teresa! I love the fabrcis you used in your sewing folder!

KAYLEE said...

What a great idea, I love it Teresa, is it a purchased pattern or is it a Tutorial?

KAYLEE said...

What a great idea, I love it Teresa, is it a purchased pattern or is it a Tutorial?

Fiona said...

It's beautiful and you have chosen such lovely fabrics to do it in...
Hugz

Melody said...

What a fabulous design - it does look like she has thought of everything. I love your fabric choices too.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

WOW! What a great pattern. Love the fabrics you have used too and the blue and brown is gorgeous :)

Wendy B said...

wow Teresa.....love this project....you've outdone yourself...and finished it all in one night!!! (well, all but the zip!) The blue really makes it 'pop'.....just perfect!
mmmm.....does my list really need to grow any longer???!!!! LOL
sugary hugs sweet friend
Wendy :O) xoxo

Dianne said...

This looks ever so handy. You did well to finish it, well done. It looks beautiful.